Could be a good thing

dave

I've been talking to Revell . Revell is one of largest model makers for model kits.. Well any way they told me they had everything ready to go a few years back to make models of the stadium trucks , but couldn't get it going do to cut backs , I've sent off pic's and website's to them of DESERT stuff .I have been talking to one of the designers . If it does take of this time I think they would start with a protruck.
Lets hope it does that would be a great thing for our sport.

TRDshaunTRD

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

dave

As long as everybody works with them , and doesn't try to make to much $$$ off them , I think it would
work.Model companies have to get ok's from all the sponsors as well as the owner/company
that makes the truck/car or what ever .It's not the first time i've heard
model companies pulling out do to the anount of $$$ they would have to pay out to make a model
of a race car or something of that nature.just my 2 cents.
I would dig on being able to walk into wal-mart and seeing a Protruck model. And could you just think
what the cover of the box would look like ??? maybe the laughlin leap ??

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Protruck is a bad place to start of for them. Ivan will be a Jerusalem native about it....just like with the BFGs ....no $$$$ = no deal. Start off with like a TT...say the Herbst truck or Class 1 Truggy. They are not money hungry and love to give to the sport. I would much rather have a TT then a protruck mdel.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

dave

TT's was my first thought, Then the Herbst Truggy . I was told they would only be able to do
one class , also they said what class if possible could they just change the bodies like they do
with the nascar models ...... The protrucks are the only class that we have that fits what they are
looking for. If it's all about money then i guess we will never see a model kit in any store ....
and that is sad.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
TT and the F 150...theres enough F150s that run TT to have different models with the same body

Kris

dave

You have a good point ...body style is or the main thing you see. Yet what about chassis style who's
do you turn them on to ??? thats the stuff that they will need to know . From what i can see i'd
say Robby Gordon's TT ( the one riviera has now ) would be the style to go with ????
I don't know guy's give me some input .. I'm just trying to make it easy , and trying help to get a desert style
model made for all of us desert fans.let me know what you guys all think and i'll forward the info.

thanks dave

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I dont have the answers but one thing I know for sure is to not do protrucks if other choices are available.

Kris

choppekx

I wouldn't understand why they couldn't change the bodies on TT look at robby's new TT once was a Toyota and now a Ford. I think you could put a chevy body on it. Let the a-arms and steering hang from the middle up front and put a mid engine in it. Maybe make it look like the Jefferies TT or the Riviera TT with different bodies. Most people that buy them would probably not be able to tell the difference anyway all though I am sure most of us on RDC could. Hopefully we are not the only ones buying these things, but hopefully a minority of the people that would purchase them.

Chris

EQuin

That's good news, Dave. I hope it all falls into place soon. I'd love to buy some model kits off the shelf. It would be great if they offered different manufacturers, like Chevy, Ford, Toyota, etc. I see the Ivan Stewart Tundra hotwheels being sold at Toys R Us, as well as a 1:24 metal body model of it. Maybe if Hotwheels can get the OK, Revell can as well.

Ed Q.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Changing the bodies requires different molds...= more cost for them = less likely to do it.

Kris