• Forum membership has its advantages....

Course Maps on Android Phone

dirtslinger

Does anyone know if there is a way to down load course maps onto an Android Phone, specifically onto Google Maps would be the best.

I'm thinking with the new Sync 3 in the new Raptors, and Android Play, it might be possible to actually get a course onto the stock GPS/Touch Screen.

Ilovebaja

Screenshot_20170526-123035.png
Does anyone know if there is a way to down load course maps onto an Android Phone, specifically onto Google Maps would be the best.

I'm thinking with the new Sync 3 in the new Raptors, and Android Play, it might be possible to actually get a course onto the stock GPS/Touch Screen.
I downloaded gpx file from playstore then went to score site and downloaded the gpx map and opened up in google

dirtslinger

OK, well what i'm really trying to do is some how use the Android Auto App, to link to my Raptor, and view the course on my Sync system.
i was able to download the course onto google earth, then move that to google maps, but I'm having trouble getting the Raptor Sync to view an already downloaded map from my phone.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to do is possible, has anyone been able to do this?

powerbox_builder

Download the KML file from SCORE site. Then open it with Google Earth. Then zoom it to the track to save it in your phone for offline viewing.

JaysinDesignz

I just downloaded the GPX viewer and looks cool. But, I guess you need to download the area terrain before loosing cell coverage to work on coarse.