Course Navigation Feedback

51rcr

Reaction
a marker that pops back up. sometimes theres not many left by the end.

jon coleman

Reaction
one thing that ive noticed overall is the different course marking problems, V2R seems fast& dusty, and how do you mark a course for a guy stuck behind a another in bad dust at night, then you have Baja where your either site seeing racing or top pro racing with Tonnes of prerunnig& gps notations, this course marking thing is Never gonna make everyone happy, sooo, race on rDc

J Prich

Reaction
For what it's worth, the intent here isn't to find a magic bullet that is going to be a one size fits all for everyone. There are tons of variables here that make it impossible to create a process that is going to solve every problem. But it is helpful in my opinion to rattle the braintrust and pull out some of those great ideas, perspectives, etc that maybe never really get collected anywhere. If we can take even just a few things from the feedback and refine things to make improvements, thats a win in my book.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Totally my fault Kyle, I should have included BOR for sure! Different animal for you guys given you're able to have a pre run. With that capability I totally agree with your process...org gives you the basic file and YOU go out and mark your own GPS notes...knowing that what the org is giving you is just the bare minimum with the expectation that you as the racer need to fill in the gaps. With no pre run races the dynamic changes IMO to put the primary onus on the org, not the racer.

In every situation, prerun or no prerun course, I think the "Use your own good judgement and don't expect ANY of these things to be your savior" should be an expected disclaimer.
It helps that there are still some of us running BOR without a GPS, but I've always felt like we have excellent course markings.

jon coleman

Reaction
It helps that there are still some of us running BOR without a GPS, but I've always felt like we have excellent course markings.
i HATE gps( never used it, but im a grumpy old skooler& prejudiced, actually im jealous)i think you as a driver have to work up the class food chain, car- speed, using gps in concert with course notes& physical course markings, you dont just jump into tt( unless you can afford it

J Prich

Reaction
Have not experienced BOR markings first hand but based on what Kyle shared in this convo, I agree that it looks like a really great system.