CPSC want to take your Quad from you!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Most of us have seen this scenario before. Looks like its rearing its ugly head again. Write to the CPSC and tell them what you think!
Here is an artical from the CPSC website I found.
CPSC artical
Here is a post from another website that I think deserves some attention as well.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:33 pm Post subject: ATV Ban----This is more serious than you think

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking with Rich from Hetrick racing today. He and some others went to the Consumer Product Safety Committee hearings on the possibilty of banning ATV's. THIS IS SERIOUS FOLKS, you may think it will only affect us in the youth classes but there is also consideration of banning all riders under the age of 21. That's most of the riders in the national series, almost ALL of the riders at your local tracks. The groups we are up against are strong---2-3 times the petitions signed to ban the ATV's compared to our group supporting ATV's.

We need help.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are not ruling on this until July 5th now, the safety committee needed time to review data. Please urge everyone you know with any interest in quads to e-mail in their support of quads.

I was hoping to find an e-mail addy for a site specifically addressed for this issue. But I just did a search for the Public Safety committee and got www.cpsc.gov.

I am writing them in support of our youth classes and youth riders locally. We need all the help we can get. I am hoping Doug Morris will report more on what was brought up on the meeting as I am only repeating a small portion of the options the committee is considering. And my head was spinning after hearing some of the possibilties.

We need everyone and their mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle to write to support our sport.

Any one with more info than me can join this post to explain more and how serious this is. Also forward this notice to every site concerning atv's that you know of. There are so many sites you guys know about that I don't.

Pass this along to all you know and ask them to do something about it! Come the 5th of July- Our youth classes might be no more, but are they going to stop there? Why risk it? LET OUR VOICE BE HEARD! We have less than one month guys.......

There are 78 pages of members to this forum---Lets get the word out

Here is the email addy..
info@cpsc.gov