• Forum membership has its advantages....

MiguelB

Super Moderator

Crandon International Raceway Reschedules June Brush Run Weekend Due to COVID-19 Concerns
— Famed Race Track to Host Two Races In September — 

CRANDON, Wisconsin (May 28, 2020) — In the end, it was not an easy decision for off-road racing’s oldest and most renowned race tracks to make. Despite weeks of working with local and state officials on conducting June’s 27th Forest County Potawatomi Brush Run weekend, track and Championship Off-Road (COR) series officials today announced the rescheduling of the traditional Midwest off-road season kick-off from June 19th – 21st to September 25th – 27th.
The current pandemic has forced the postponement and cancellation of motorsports events around the...
Continue reading...

stephenrjking

Well, there it is. Disappointing but understandable. I have to believe that the later September date is going to cause some headaches, though.

sb4pro

At this point we might as well just lock ourselves in our basements like the democrats want us to . We can’t go anywhere or do anything anyway . I’ll be so glad when this is all over with in November .

sb4pro

Now I’m beginning to worry about ERX canceling too . Minneapolis is a war zone and it doesn’t have anything to with the stupid virus
3465A766-FE71-4A01-A25F-29640876B6FA.jpeg
6BD7D9B0-F0DE-4B97-8B01-04DC8D394222.jpeg
A870B35B-3687-4A74-896D-BB811C1AEA7D.jpeg

Pro4orNothing

Definitely a disappointment...

As a race fan, I'm ready to get back to any racetrack I can find right now. As a business person, I don't envy what I'm sure was a no-win situation that Crandon faced in deciding what to do for the June races in trying.

Have to think there were concerns about needing to turn people away/limit spectators and campers that played a role in this...would expect they're banking on Labor Day weekend and September being a less volatile time where local governments are more comfortable with having a larger crowd in attendance. However, being a Wisconsin resident, the end of September could have its own set of challenges as previous posts pointed out.

Hope it doesn't dampen the quiet little bit of momentum and optimism that ISOC seems to have built since taking over the Midwest. Seems like there's cause for optimism of a couple more entries in each of the Pro truck classes this year....here's to hoping we're able to get a closer-to-normal World Cup weekend!

acers

Smart move, there is no way to make it save right now. And this is NOT about politics it is about keeping people safe. There is a virus breakout in Laona10 miles away.

ltr450rider

At what point do race series simply relinquish having a full "championship" season? And not just for short course series.

We are now halfway into the year, the time for having a 8+ round series is running out. Sure, it could be done in fewer races, but it doesn't carry the same weight for me.

My idea would be to now schedule 2-4 exhibition races and spread the championship prize dollars out across the podium spots. I believe there would be great potential for great racing as competitors go for that big prize at the top spot like the cup races. Spread the winnings out through the field and try to bring some of the other teams out to race that are complaining of not being able to win back what they spent to go race for the weekend.

At this point, We'll be lucky to have the Labor day weekend Crandon races.

Rennsport Group

As the promoter at Crandon International Raceway, I can share that everyone involved with the track and the COR series are committed to bringing racers the full five-race weekend championship series we have all set forth for 2020. Each track is working hard to overcome the challenges found in today's climate -- being an event promoter this year isn't easy. We all joke that right now "one day is like 30 days" in terms of how quickly things are changing.

The first job up is to do anything we can to support the Carlson family and their ERX staff, along with the COR series, to bring short-course racing back on July 10th - 11th. They have put a tremendous amount of resources and time into a complete plan to run the races AND host fans. We are all staying positive and moving forward to a memorable year of racing in the Midwest.

sb4pro

As the promoter at Crandon International Raceway, I can share that everyone involved with the track and the COR series are committed to bringing racers the full five-race weekend championship series we have all set forth for 2020. Each track is working hard to overcome the challenges found in today's climate -- being an event promoter this year isn't easy. We all joke that right now "one day is like 30 days" in terms of how quickly things are changing.

The first job up is to do anything we can to support the Carlson family and their ERX staff, along with the COR series, to bring short-course racing back on July 10th - 11th. They have put a tremendous amount of resources and time into a complete plan to run the races AND host fans. We are all staying positive and moving forward to a memorable year of racing in the Midwest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to come on here and help clear things up . I honestly feel like us as the off-road family can take a step towards normalcy by not giving into the fears of the virus and the insanity of the rioters . Let’s show america that life CAN go on .

acers

As fans we can wait a year if need be. But for tracks and race teams dealing with sponsors it is tough. I am glad they are taking the virus seriously because it is real. Alot of money at stake so I hope it works out for teams and tracks

sb4pro

As fans we can wait a year if need be. But for tracks and race teams dealing with sponsors it is tough. I am glad they are taking the virus seriously because it is real. Alot of money at stake so I hope it works out for teams and tracks
I’ve been talking to the track and Andrew Carlson and they told me that they will be doing the 6ft deal but masks will not be mandatory ( if you want to wear one that’s fine too )

JUST TO BE CLEAR THE NEXT FEW STATEMENTS ARE MINE AND MINE ONLY AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ERX OR ANDREW CARLSON AND THE ERX STAFF
We as a country in the whole need to STOP being so scared by the media and start thinking for ourselves . Doesn’t anyone find it ironic that all these “ protesters “ run around with no masks and its perfectly ok but yet if we even TRY to have a NORMAL life suddenly ooooh oh no we‘re evil and we should be locked up in our basements again . I for one say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I’M DONE PLAYING GAMES I NEED MY LIFE BACK ! I personally haven’t worn a stupid mask since the whole thing started and refuse to be a political puppet .

stephenrjking

If ERX runs as planned they will have to use a lot of caution. However, ensuring spacing should be pretty straightforward, as it’s not that crowded there yet. Just some filtering for the grandstands, really. I hope they’re able to hold the races on schedule.

Regarding the wider implications, I’m just going to let things play out how they will.

ERX Motor Park

Hi everyone! We appreciate your concern for our July race, however, we are charging forward with our race on the 10th & 11th! We have local city, county & sheriff support and currently have our COVID-19 preparedness plan being routed for state government approval. As stated, we will have health & safety precautions in place but we're looking forward to kicking off the first Championship Off-Road race at our facility!
To learn more about our preparedness plan, you can review it here: ERX Motor Park & COVID-19 – ERX Motor Park

If you have questions for us, feel free to reach out to us on social media or at [email protected]!

stephenrjking

Well then. Optimism? Could it be?

Edit:
Seriously, first time since March. I'm excited. I'm getting hyped despite myself. I hope he's still racing out west too for those fans and drivers, but... this suggests that there's going to be a real show at the tracks this year. Pro 4 is going to be legit every time.

Kinda worried about the rug getting pulled out, because this is such great news for the series.

Last edited:

PDANK Racing

Gravity Park in Chilton Wi, will be hosting an off road race this weekend, June 20 & 21st. Stadium style track with all the sportsman classes. Come check it out!