Pro4orNothing

RDC Crypto
Some random thoughts and musings from sitting on the hill this weekend...

Solid weekend of racing, all around. Thank you to Crandon, COR, the teams, and volunteers for giving us fans some sense of normality this weekend.

Glad that Johnny and Bryce are ok after those nasty crashes on Saturday. Hope Johnny can get his truck back together for the Brush Run. Spare a thought for Zak Zakowski who took a bad ride in Pro Stock UTV today...

RJ may not be LeDuc or Greaves level, but the guy is legit and deserves some mad respect. He’s driven quiet Cup races the last 2 years, mostly stayed out of the carnage, brought home the check. Sounds like he did Crandon very much this year on his own dime and to see him rewarded with a big win is a great story. Hope he can find some funds to race Pro4 fulltime in the midwest next year.

Pro2 is in a great place. Pro4 seems to stable as long as the current crop of drivers stay committed to it. But what’s up with Pro Lite? Mamer was in his own zip code this weekend and the West Coast isn’t flush with trucks now, either...rules changes and UTV affordability taking its toll?

Keegan with an unusually quiet weekend...combination of bad luck and the West Coast guys coming in hot seemed to be the cause. Hopefully end of the month goes better for him.

Lastly, props to Brian Deegan, Travis Pastrana, Rob Mac and so many others for their kind words about the fan base, the track, and coming up this weekend to race with the regulars. Midwest fans truly appreciate the trek these guys make and will happily continue to welcome them as long as they want to keep coming here.

Last edited:

acers

RDC Crypto
Glad RJ got the cup. To go from big sponsor to next to no sponsor and still make the trip says alot. Midwest is in a good spot right now

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Glad RJ got the cup. To go from big sponsor to next to no sponsor and still make the trip says alot. Midwest is in a good spot right now
I'd feel vaguely better midwest-wise if our results were a bit better over the weekend. A lot of this is just coincidental stuff, though--strange reliability problems and such. CJ would have been right there if his truck hadn't broken, Johnny was leading when he crashed, etc. I mean, Kyle Greaves had a terrible weekend and Zach Szymik won in pro lite, that says quite a bit about how the weekend went.

The good news is that everyone comes to Crandon. I hope it stays this way. As long as Crandon draws pro trucks from around the country, the sport has a great base.

51rcr

RDC Crypto
anyone know where a working link is for a replay? i cant get the live stream to play and cant find it anywhere else. I know i should have left computer on.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
anyone know where a working link is for a replay? i cant get the live stream to play and cant find it anywhere else. I know i should have left computer on.
Champ off road posts replays on Tuesday. That will work for Saturday; not sure about Sunday, which is separately produced.

9five9

RDC Crypto
The livestream was fantastic. This seemed to be the best Crandon weekend in a long time energy wise. More big names making the trek than I've seen in a while, especially considering many of them don't have big sponsor deals anymore. Sucks that so many great drivers ran into significant issues, but I guess that's Off Road, right? Great show for the fans either way.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
The livestream was fantastic. This seemed to be the best Crandon weekend in a long time energy wise. More big names making the trek than I've seen in a while, especially considering many of them don't have big sponsor deals anymore. Sucks that so many great drivers ran into significant issues, but I guess that's Off Road, right? Great show for the fans either way.
It's disappointing when someone breaks down... but given that it looked like Leduc was going to check out of the Cup race with 3 or 4 laps to go, the way things broke down there sure made for high drama.

bullnerd

RDC Crypto
Why cant they just air these races on TV like they used to?!

No streaming, computers, interwebs bullshit, just put it on TV!

I miss speedvision or whatever it was called. I used to watch them all the time. Corr, MTEG...

I just want to sit down with my kids and turn the tube on (do they use tubes anymore? lol! ) and watch a fukn race!

9five9

RDC Crypto

I miss speedvision or whatever it was called. I used to watch them all the time. Corr, MTEG...

I just want to sit down with my kids and turn the tube on (do they use tubes anymore? lol! ) and watch a fukn race!

well, you could always fund it. Then it'll be on TV.

Joxracing

RDC Crypto

Sadly (not really) TV is dead. I’ve always said short course is lack luster on TV anyway, unless it’s produced as a docudrama like the old TORC show. That was excellent.

But, go to Target and buy a $25 Amazon FireStick and plug it in. Boom. Races on the big screen for free anytime you want. You can even fast forward and skip the boring ones if you want.

bullnerd

RDC Crypto
Sadly (not really) TV is dead. I’ve always said short course is lack luster on TV anyway, unless it’s produced as a docudrama like the old TORC show. That was excellent.

But, go to Target and buy a $25 Amazon FireStick and plug it in. Boom. Races on the big screen for free anytime you want. You can even fast forward and skip the boring ones if you want.

Yeah, its just annoying that all these other sports are on 24/7 and we have to jump through hoops to see a race from the current year.

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out.

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
If you have an iPhone just find the replay on the interwebs and play it back on your big screen - I plan on doing that to watch all of the races this weekend that I missed because I was out of phone service all weekend. That is also how I replay my own races to study my competition....;)

PDANK Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pdankoffroad.com
Yeah, its just annoying that all these other sports are on 24/7 and we have to jump through hoops to see a race from the current year.

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out.
Every champ race from this season is right here, no hoops needed. I prefer this over TV any day. Races aren't shortened to fit in a time block, and they have every class that raced, not just pros. One of my favorite things this year, is that the production quality is consistent throughout the day. Drone footage is top shelf as well.
On Demand | Championship Off-Road

bullnerd

RDC Crypto
Every champ race from this season is right here, no hoops needed. I prefer this over TV any day. Races aren't shortened to fit in a time block, and they have every class that raced, not just pros. One of my favorite things this year, is that the production quality is consistent throughout the day. Drone footage is top shelf as well.
On Demand | Championship Off-Road

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to watch it on my TV! lol!

Rennsport Group

RDC Crypto
Just got back to my office here in So Cal and wanted to thank you all for the feedback. We are constantly trying to improve the Crandon experience for our fans -- both those at the track and at home. I can tell you as the promoter at Crandon 2020 has been both challenging and unstable. But, in the end, our fans, racers and corporate partners pulled through for a great Labor Day weekend.

Together with Champ Off-Road, Polaris, Speed Sport TV, RACER.com and Ultra4 pulled off over 26 hours of live streaming with the best possible production we could afford. For World Cup Sunday TRG Rennsport brought in host Ralph Sheheen, along with Jim Beaver, Curt LeDuc, Miles Hasslequest, Mia Champman, Tiffany Stone and Pam Hall -- a big win for our viewers. Also have to give a huge tip of the hat to our vignette producer Bryant Lambert and his crew for those incredible insert pieces into the show.

We are working on a one-hour television network show for later this year -- stay tuned.

Now it's on to our rescheduled FCP Brush Run weekend and FCP Cup finale taking place September 26th and 27th. Even that event will make Crandon history -- news to follow later this week.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Just got back to my office here in So Cal and wanted to thank you all for the feedback. We are constantly trying to improve the Crandon experience for our fans -- both those at the track and at home. I can tell you as the promoter at Crandon 2020 has been both challenging and unstable. But, in the end, our fans, racers and corporate partners pulled through for a great Labor Day weekend.

Together with Champ Off-Road, Polaris, Speed Sport TV, RACER.com and Ultra4 pulled off over 26 hours of live streaming with the best possible production we could afford. For World Cup Sunday TRG Rennsport brought in host Ralph Sheheen, along with Jim Beaver, Curt LeDuc, Miles Hasslequest, Mia Champman, Tiffany Stone and Pam Hall -- a big win for our viewers. Also have to give a huge tip of the hat to our vignette producer Bryant Lambert and his crew for those incredible insert pieces into the show.

We are working on a one-hour television network show for later this year -- stay tuned.

Now it's on to our rescheduled FCP Brush Run weekend and FCP Cup finale taking place September 26th and 27th. Even that event will make Crandon history -- news to follow later this week.
Thanks, Marty. Small critiques are just that; it's a great event.

Rennsport Group

RDC Crypto
Nope, I can only see and hear so much on any given race weekend. Having critiques are great, as is the opportunity to explain things from the promoter/producer side -- which was a story on to itself in 2020.