Crandon June Race Airfare...Cheap!

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
For anyone looking for cheap airfare from Vegas to Crandon for the June TORC race, I found tickets for $79 one-way/ $158 roundtrip
http://www.allegiantair.com/

See you at Crandon:)

ultrablew

Reaction
What airport is closest to Crandon and Bark River. I am having the darndest time finding any flights without HOURS of layovers. I have searched flying out of Ontario, San Diego and OC. A flight can seemingly take 1 whole day almost...

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
This goes in and out of Appleton. It is also a Non-Stop flight:)
It sells out fast.

handmethemic

Reaction
If people fly in to Milwaukee you could probably talk me into coming to pick you up... for a price.

justafan

Reaction
Crandon is only a few hour drive from Appleton. Time it right and you could probably hitch a ride with some one on their way up.

birdman

Reaction
best bet for little to no layovers you should fly into green bay or appleton, if there is a lay over its normally in Minneapolis and normally not very long, but if your looking for the closest airports i think rhinelander is the closest to crandon and escanaba is the closest to bark river, but good luck with your flights in and out of those two.

jeff

Reaction
Ahh... flying to Crandon. Last time my flight from Salt Lake to St Paul was delayed so I missed the connector to Rhinelander. I ended up hopping in a rental car with a few other folks that were in the same predicament. That took forever.

The drive from Green Bay to Crandon takes about 2 hours and it's beautiful. You can't be in a hurry trying to fly to Crandon, it just doesn't work. The flight departing Rhinelander back to Green Bay (or other points beyond) is usually packed to capacity and finding a seat can be difficult if you don't book well in advance.

Aloha

DONALD MACE

Reaction
Have come in to both GB and Appleton - think GB is a little better if you need a rental car - Wish i was on that flight - Do miss going to Crandon - it;s been since 01 :mad:

ultrablew

Reaction
Thanks for all the help. Hubby will be going to 1 Bark River and 1 Crandon race because of his "day job" schedule..lol. Worked out a schedule so he could make it to 2 back east, but after looking at some of the flight times, Jeff is exactly right. You can not be in a hurry. It'll get worked out I am sure. Thanks again for all the suggestions on airports. That will help me a bunch.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Ahh... flying to Crandon. Last time my flight from Salt Lake to St Paul was delayed so I missed the connector to Rhinelander. I ended up hopping in a rental car with a few other folks that were in the same predicament. That took forever.

The drive from Green Bay to Crandon takes about 2 hours and it's beautiful. You can't be in a hurry trying to fly to Crandon, it just doesn't work. The flight departing Rhinelander back to Green Bay (or other points beyond) is usually packed to capacity and finding a seat can be difficult if you don't book well in advance.

Aloha

Just watch out for deer on that drive back to Green Bay at 2 in the morning :)

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Hey Mary Kay: Thanks for the tip on Allegiant Air. The surely are the inexpensive way to fly these days --- I want to make my virgin voyage to Crandon for your 40th anniv. in September, but the airfares are not so cheap that weekend. I heard some rumor that Steve might be premiering his Crandon movie... can you confirm this? Are there inexpensive (less than $50/night) motels in or around Crandon?

hoeker

Reaction
Hey Mary Kay: Thanks for the tip on Allegiant Air. The surely are the inexpensive way to fly these days --- I want to make my virgin voyage to Crandon for your 40th anniv. in September, but the airfares are not so cheap that weekend. I heard some rumor that Steve might be premiering his Crandon movie... can you confirm this? Are there inexpensive (less than $50/night) motels in or around Crandon?

if you want lodging for laborday within an hour of crandon i'd get looking now!

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
prices are still at $79 one way!

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
just checked $29 each way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!