• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Crandon Racers

acers

From the very beginning this whole split has reminded me of the cart / irl split . Hopefully some day TORC and LOORRS can come to some sort of merger and get back to the glory days of the sport . As for Crandon's future I'm pretty positive it will survive with either TORC , LOORRS , or whoever comes out ahead in the merger . The 1st step should be we need one universal set of rules that is not only beneficial but affordable to ALL racers pro and sportsman alike regardless of affiliation . That way if and when there is a merger all racers will already be ahead of the game other than travel expenses .
Regarding travel I feel a schedule that is an equal mix of the west and east coast tracks would be ideal . For instance take the top 5 best LOORRS tracks and top 5 best TORC tracks and make a schedule so the west coasters come east for 5 races and the east coasters go west for 5 races . In all it would be 10 tracks with 2 rounds at each track for a total of 20 rounds . Start the season out west ( since the weather is nicer out there earlier in the year ) at say Glen Helen then go to Wild West , Elsinore , Estero Beach then Lucas Oil Speedway since it is this far East . The east coast swing would start with Chicago, ERX , Bark River , Red Bud , then finish up at Crandon on Labor Day . Yes that only gives each track 1 date a year but that's where the Sportsman come in they can still stay close to their respective coasts and have their own separate schedule to give each track additional dates either under the same sanctioning body or 2 separate ones ( MORR and a new one for the west coast ) since they wouldn't be meeting east / west but again under the same rules that way if sportsman teams DO wanna cherry pick events the rules would be the same .
Sorry for the long rant I guess I'm just kinda throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks ;)
That would be great. Something has to be done.I am hoping loorrs takes over because they seem to have it together more than torc.

acers

I wrote the stories covering Saturday and Sundays' races out in Crandon for RDC as well as the photos. The title came to me in a dream when I realized from the Pro 2, Pro 4, Prolite, Pro Buggy, and Pro 2 vs Pro 4 Cup race, in those 5 races 5 west coast guys won. I don't believe any of the LOORRS UTV regulars made the trip out to Crandon so I didn't factor those races in.

"West Coast Guys Win 5 Races in Crandon However Some East Coast Guys Made The Podium Too" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :)

I didn't cover any sportsman racing on Friday or Saturday because quite honestly I didn't have time to watch or shoot any of them because of other client commitments outside the track.

Remember no one paid RDC to bring you coverage from this weekend, they spent their own dime to bring coverage for you guys to watch while at home to the people who couldn't make it out there.

If you're upset that there wasn't enough sportsman coverage remember that TORC puts out their own PR every day, and you can watch the races on replay online via TORC's Youtube page. Also does MORR put out a PR or story on their races?
Great Job !!!!!

acers

All...without getting too in depth the Crandon Balance of Performance discussions took months and were the result of Tommy Morris working closely with both TORC and Lucas Oil technical groups -- and in a very mutually respectful manner from all sides. Our task was not to create a new set of rules but to equalize the playing field as much as possible. Also, this set of regulations was for all PRO classes. Yes, it would have been great having more time but there was also discussion of TORC modifying their rules before Labor Day Crandon that would have changed the regulations yet again.

In fairness, both sides were sent the final rules at the same time. And, of course, it is unfortunate that there is disatsfaction on any side. We will be working toward the future as soon as both series release their 2018 rules packages.

Was it perfect? Likely not but it was yet another step in the right direction for the Crandon World Cup and the entire sport in our opinion. As I have repeatedly said, fans deserve to see the best racing the best, even just one time a year in Crandon on Labor Day weekend. The World Cup offers that, and the record crowds provided a tangible proof of concept. As long as there are two series, Crandon is committed to hosting and promoting the World Cup.

Hopefully there will be a time in the future when all the rules are standardized and tracks can do what they need to build spectator count, media interest and larger purses -- and that will be to dedicate all their time and resources to good old fashion promotion.
I thought you guys did a great job. There was no way to make everyone happy. Need to find a way to get more west coast teams to come.

dbq61537

I thought you guys did a great job. There was no way to make everyone happy. Need to find a way to get more west coast teams to come.
The best way to start would be to...just get in a room together, and create one schedule! You can have two different series, as long as they don't trip over each other, on the same weekend.

This a team or driver, could...if he wanted to...run both series.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

acers

The best way to start would be to...just get in a room together, and create one schedule! You can have two different series, as long as they don't trip over each other, on the same weekend.

This a team or driver, could...if he wanted to...run both series.

Spot on, sounds easy but we know its not. At the very least do not have a race the weekend before or after crandon. This year that was a problem for teams

freshwillie

maybe just a pro 4 shootout series would be a better deal. driving back and forth between cali and wisconsin is expensive for any size team. even menzies and greaves have a budget. i propose that after both series put out there schedules you put together a pro 4 points battle between both series were you run for a huge points prize. the last race could be sunday crandon. there could be aproximatly 4 torc, 4 lucas and maybe even 4 sst races that are all points tword the big payout on sunday at crandon. it would make for a good video doc series also. we should elivate pro 4 as the preimer shortcourse offroad class.

dbq61537

maybe just a pro 4 shootout series would be a better deal. driving back and forth between cali and wisconsin is expensive for any size team. even menzies and greaves have a budget. i propose that after both series put out there schedules you put together a pro 4 points battle between both series were you run for a huge points prize. the last race could be sunday crandon. there could be aproximatly 4 torc, 4 lucas and maybe even 4 sst races that are all points tword the big payout on sunday at crandon. it would make for a good video doc series also. we should elivate pro 4 as the preimer shortcourse offroad class.
INTERESTING IDEA...

acers

ya I kinda like it