• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crandon

acers

Fantastic weekend of racing. Wish RJ would have had better luck, very fast . Jim Beaver did a great job announcing !!! Pro2 count is high and fast. Nice to see. Bring on Labor Day weekend !!!!!!!

Pro4orNothing

Great weekend of racing all around! Huge props to RJ, Beat, Polvoorde, and Gibbs coming up this weekend...hope its a sign of things to come where the West Coast boys stop up this way on a regular basis.

Pro2 was arguably the best racing on the pro side all weekend...the Keegan, Carlson, Kleiman, and Winner battle is going to be fun to watch this summer. Pro4 continues to be entertaining when all of the trucks are running; hope something can be done to entice more drivers/sponsors to jump into the class in the future.

Can't wait for Fall Crandon and hopefully hearing more about all of these "big names" who are coming up to race amongst the usual suspects for the big 50th Anniversary trophies.

sb4pro

Great weekend of racing all around! Huge props to RJ, Beat, Polvoorde, and Gibbs coming up this weekend...hope its a sign of things to come where the West Coast boys stop up this way on a regular basis.

Pro2 was arguably the best racing on the pro side all weekend...the Keegan, Carlson, Kleiman, and Winner battle is going to be fun to watch this summer. Pro4 continues to be entertaining when all of the trucks are running; hope something can be done to entice more drivers/sponsors to jump into the class in the future.

Can't wait for Fall Crandon and hopefully hearing more about all of these "big names" who are coming up to race amongst the usual suspects for the big 50th Anniversary trophies.
Can’t wait I’ve had my hotel reservations since Christmas lol

Pro4orNothing

Pro4 was going to have two more trucks this year with Cam Reimers and Kyle Chaney. The Kyler Lenz deal imploded on Cam, so he’s racing dirt late models this year instead...Chaney’s team cut the Pro4 last minute, but sounds like he’ll have a truck ready for ERX possibly.

Cory Winner had his Pro Lite under his tent with a “for sale” sign, and both Chad Rayford and Matt Siorek were spectating due to lack of funding.

CYS Motorsports

It was a little disheartening seeing only 6 Pro 4s and 8 Pro Lites. However, those were 6 high quality Pro 4s. I thought they were pretty entertaining, it's unfortunate the attrition was high.

Pro Lite, that class has completely gotten out of control, I've tuned out on that.

15-16 Super Buggies was nice to see. Hopefully those numbers can be sustained all season, it is one of the best classes to watch, especially with that high of car count (26 a few years ago at Fall Crandon was incredible)

Yes Rhonda was back with her old Pro 2, was cool to see.

If the pros keep these numbers going to ERX, it should provide some entertaining racing.

Joxracing

something NEEDS to happen with pro lite. Ill come out and say what they’re doing with the class is complete trash and has turned my favorite class on dirt into a complete shell of its former self.

sb4pro

something NEEDS to happen with pro lite. Ill come out and say what they’re doing with the class is complete trash and has turned my favorite class on dirt into a complete shell of its former self.
I say go back to 4 cylinders

MeFirst

I've been out of the loop on details for close to 10 years. What happened to pro lite?

I know they initially had crate V8s to try to rein in the cost of the 4-cylinders. Then the Dodge motor was dominate with no ability/interest to level the playing. Is pro 2 now cheaper to run than pro lite?

450grl

I've been out of the loop on details for close to 10 years. What happened to pro lite?

I know they initially had crate V8s to try to rein in the cost of the 4-cylinders. Then the Dodge motor was dominate with no ability/interest to level the playing. Is pro 2 now cheaper to run than pro lite?
Honestly, I feel like the Pro 2 410 program would be close to the same, budget-wise. If I were looking to get back into trucks, I would go Pro 2 over Pro-lite for budget reasons and because I feel Pro-Lite is more of a bash-fest than Pro 2.

Joxracing

I say go back to 4 cylinders
I disagree. 4 bangers were expensive, V8’s i feel are better long term, until they complicated it. It’s a simple formula: allow 1.5” chassis to compete on the national series and change the V8 engine package to the super stock engine package with a spec 4bbl carb and watch the class take off. Super Stock motors make mid to high 400hp with a 4bbl carb, tech already “knows” how to tech them, and there are established builders and a class of 25+ eager to jump up when they can scoop an older chassis for 6-10k and transfer their drivetrain. Thus providing the market with good super stock truck rollers to people looking to move up from stock truck or get into the sport. A true 3 part stepping program into a pro truck. Wild concept.

stephenrjking

I disagree. 4 bangers were expensive, V8’s i feel are better long term, until they complicated it. It’s a simple formula: allow 1.5” chassis to compete on the national series and change the V8 engine package to the super stock engine package with a spec 4bbl carb and watch the class take off. Super Stock motors make mid to high 400hp with a 4bbl carb, tech already “knows” how to tech them, and there are established builders and a class of 25+ eager to jump up when they can scoop an older chassis for 6-10k and transfer their drivetrain. Thus providing the market with good super stock truck rollers to people looking to move up from stock truck or get into the sport. A true 3 part stepping program into a pro truck. Wild concept.
Is there any realistic chance that LOORRS reverts to 1.5" chassis specs? I'm not "inside" but it seems like that ship has sailed.

Joxracing

Is there any realistic chance that LOORRS reverts to 1.5" chassis specs? I'm not "inside" but it seems like that ship has sailed.
When I say 1.5” trucks i should clarify that i’m talking about older 1.5” trucks that have had the 1.75” updates that they required a few years back. Now out west they require a complete 1.75” truck which renders a lot of really good and safe trucks useless. The 1.75”/1.5” “hybrid” trucks are still legal here in the midwest but no one knows when that rule change will come down the pipeline and could potentially ruin someone’s race program.

stephenrjking

Why race pro lite when you can race pro2 for the same $$$$
Interesting problem if that's really the case. Hard to find space for three classes.

Obviously, it's a lot better for the sport if there are more classes with lots of participants. Just from the standpoint of events, three pro truck classes gives us spectators more racing.

renagade

Pro lite should be the truck version of super buggy, lightweight 4 cylinder mini style trucks, eco tech crate motors or something. At the moment prolite comes across like weird mini pro2

or scrap the whole thing and bring back class 7S for all the new production "mid" size trucks. Ranger, Colorado, Toyota thing etc.

51rcr

with this being a big year is there any plans for a vintage line up or display during the Labor day events. I maybe able to bring a truck that has lots of history from that area and some desert racing if i can talk my buddy into it, trying to get him to come also but he volunteers for a local off-road event his whole life so it maybe tough to get him to go. Looking for tips and all for Crandon. Really want to make it out there and bring my dad and catch some of the other dirt track racing there and on the way back. We may have camper and if not info for places to stay or tent camping? I know theres lots of info but this being a bigger year i know how that changes since we have some big events in our area. So tips would be great. Are you allowed to drive up and drop off older folks from camping areas ect? you can send a PM so not to plug up the thread. Thanks

sb4pro

with this being a big year is there any plans for a vintage line up or display during the Labor day events. I maybe able to bring a truck that has lots of history from that area and some desert racing if i can talk my buddy into it, trying to get him to come also but he volunteers for a local off-road event his whole life so it maybe tough to get him to go. Looking for tips and all for Crandon. Really want to make it out there and bring my dad and catch some of the other dirt track racing there and on the way back. We may have camper and if not info for places to stay or tent camping? I know theres lots of info but this being a bigger year i know how that changes since we have some big events in our area. So tips would be great. Are you allowed to drive up and drop off older folks from camping areas ect? you can send a PM so not to plug up the thread. Thanks
That would be so awesome. We always stay at the quality inn in Rhinelander , not sure about camping it might already be filled . Go here to Crandon’s website they have all the info you’ll need . Also if your older folks use a walker or wheelchair there is handicapped parking up close to the main gate and a gazebo for handicap access another good place for wheelchairs and walkers is up at the barn . Hope to see ya there

Crandon International Off-Road Raceway - Crandon International Speedway