• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crandon

Pro4orNothing

Also do not like two set of rules for pro2 . I think west coast is going to the 410 in 2021. I think RobMac, Deegan and Kincaid should be in pro4. Hopefully with Red Bull extending Bryce will be back
Keegan would like to go Pro4, but he needs the right amount of funding to do it.

Rob Mac and Deegan are going to be Pro2 lifers IMO and that’s not a bad thing.

Jimmy8

What an amazing weekend and such a special way to celebrate 50 years at Crandon. To everyone who said nice things about the commentary online, in person, and on social media, I appreciate it. I was so honored to be a part of it this year. 25 hours on the microphone/livestream on Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday has my voice a bit gone at the moment. Thanks to everyone who came out, tuned in, raced, spectated, supported, and sponsored the weekend. I was truly honored to be a part of it. Marty, what you and the team at Crandon were able to pull together was nothing short of spectacular. Thanks for making me a part of the family.

sb4pro

What an amazing weekend and such a special way to celebrate 50 years at Crandon. To everyone who said nice things about the commentary online, in person, and on social media, I appreciate it. I was so honored to be a part of it this year. 25 hours on the microphone/livestream on Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday has my voice a bit gone at the moment. Thanks to everyone who came out, tuned in, raced, spectated, supported, and sponsored the weekend. I was truly honored to be a part of it. Marty, what you and the team at Crandon were able to pull together was nothing short of spectacular. Thanks for making me a part of the family.
It was awesome meeting you bro . You guys did an amazing job all weekend . I totally agree with you , Marty and the rest of the crew did a 1st class job . Me having a 70+ year old lady with me I’m always worried about parking and if we’re going to be able to get a good spot under the handicapped gazebo , both the parking ( we managed to get a great spot just outside the front gate ) and the space left in the gazebo ( had a beautiful spot right up front ) were perfect . We avoided the track on Friday cause of the concert but that was my choice ( I just didn’t want to subject mom to that kind of crowd ) Mom said the bathrooms were kept nice all weekend even having attendants in them and security was top notch ( even having to chase down one degenerate girl ) . The racing speaks for itself , it’s ALWAYS off the hook but seeing the huge vehicle counts this year only made it that much better . Food and drink prices were great as usual ( good thing I only eat cheese curds when I come to Crandon ) . Bottom line ANOTHER GREAT JOB GUYS TAKE A WELL DESERVED REST AND A BOW FOR GOOD MEASURE . ;)

nimrod

KOOK!
You guys killed it! The live track announcing you all did was like watching a tv show. Super informative and very professional! Thank you!
Totally made the whole experience that much better!

sb4pro

You guys killed it! The live track announcing you all did was like watching a tv show. Super informative and very professional! Thank you!
Totally made the whole experience that much better!
I actually tried to watch the webcast at the track but couldn’t get a good enough signal , would have been cool to chat with everyone while at track lol

acers

It was awesome meeting you bro . You guys did an amazing job all weekend . I totally agree with you , Marty and the rest of the crew did a 1st class job . Me having a 70+ year old lady with me I’m always worried about parking and if we’re going to be able to get a good spot under the handicapped gazebo , both the parking ( we managed to get a great spot just outside the front gate ) and the space left in the gazebo ( had a beautiful spot right up front ) were perfect . We avoided the track on Friday cause of the concert but that was my choice ( I just didn’t want to subject mom to that kind of crowd ) Mom said the bathrooms were kept nice all weekend even having attendants in them and security was top notch ( even having to chase down one degenerate girl ) . The racing speaks for itself , it’s ALWAYS off the hook but seeing the huge vehicle counts this year only made it that much better . Food and drink prices were great as usual ( good thing I only eat cheese curds when I come to Crandon ) . Bottom line ANOTHER GREAT JOB GUYS TAKE A WELL DESERVED REST AND A BOW FOR GOOD MEASURE . ;)
That girl was nuts, felt sorry for security , well said on everything

mig29

[ forgot to mention that Eric Arras got FAST LAP at 1990 SCORE Fireworks 250 in Class 1..where Robby Gordon won Class 8 ]

I called it...!!!! Riverside gang does good

RJ Anderson wins the Cup race, coming from behind after a dead-stop..after Bryce Menzies stalled?

Deja Vu to '88 (??) SCORE Riverside World Championships:

"There was a wreck off the start -- I came to a dead-stop. xxxxx But, I came back to win"
-- Robby Gordon, Class 8 race

[ I believe Kenny Kincaid

( father of Jeff Kincaid, grandpa of Keegan Kincaid (who is an outstanding person & Pro4 racer)

started a wreck in the land-rush start, collected Walker Evans. He was upset about this, lotsa grumbling with fellow West coast racers about the Midwest racer ]

Keegan had a great weekend, couldn't believe how RJ passed him in the back on LAST LAP!!

Randy Anderson (RJ's dad) won the old-timers race, who hugged him at the post-race interview. I interviewed both RJ & Randy at 2007 CORR Chula Vista (Trophy Kart):

[ sorry about video not playing, Blip.tv changed their business-model in 2015, I have to re-upload to Vimeo ]

Check out the 14 yr old (?) Randy Anderson..now he just scored an AMAZING pinnacle win!! See the pic of RJ & Randy together..12 yrs later they are on Red Bull TV together after Crandon Cup

Walker Evans later came to hug him, I interviewed RJ at Walker Evans booth at 2011 Offroad Expo:

Got video of RJ & Walker doing autographs:

"Randy Anderson is like family to me"
-- Walker Evans, Redbull TV interview

[ crew chief, who started out at the bottom at Walker Evans Racing ("sweeping floors"..?)..Randy told me this at 2011 Offroad Expo. Also mentioned how that he was raised (strong work ethic) ]

^^^^ We just got an exhibition of how old-school American work ethic PAYS OFF!!

"I get this "free help", but they screw up. You're OUTTA HERE!"
-- Walker Evans (Jeep mini-truck) to Roger Mears (Nissan mini-truck), MTEG Pasadena '88 (??), overheard in pits

Walker is old-school, Randy's work ethic was recognized..so Walkers moves him up all the way to crew-chief. They move on together in Rock Crawling. Randy passes on the tradition to RJ, & Walker continues the investment

^^^ I assume RobMac got a taste of this (drove for Walker Evans racing..Desert & MTEG), which contributes to his current HUGE success. Pretty sure his upbringing was the main factor (great Dad & Mom)

"RobMac is the GOAT (Greatest of All Time)"
-- Luke McMillin, interview at '19 SCORE San Felipe 250

REALLY impressed by the young upcoming talent in other classes:

winners in Pro Lite

christopherpolvoorde

[ swept 2019 races..!! Mad driving skills, race interview shows him to be decent person ]

& Pro 2

Jarrett Brooks

[ same as above, talent & fine person ]
Found some pics from 2011 Offroad Expo of Walker Evans booth:

RJ started in Trophy Kart (2006 CORR), worked up the ladder. ProLite (see attached pics), then 8 years he & Walker are together celebrating Cup race..!!

"I had problems here..cut tire, etc"
-- Walker Evans, LIVE coverage (don't remember if it was Livestream or Redbull.tv)

In the end, his protege Randy Anderson

[ worked from the bottom to crew Walker's teams..incl Rockcrawling ]

His other protege RobMac is arguably the GOAT in Offroad Racing (desert & short course)

"Nature [ DNA ] vs Nurture [ upbringing ]"

"Facts Tell..STORIES SELL"
-- Motorsports saying

^^^ Someone needs to do a writeup on it. Walker Evans develops WINNERS

"He [ Pappy Boyington ] made Young Men..GREAT"
-- xxx, F4U Corsair fighter pilot, VMF214 (Pacific Theater), Youtube video (Black Sheep documentary)

"The freewheeling attitude of living for today because "you might die tomorrow"was epitomized by Major Greg Boyington. His exploits in the air & on the ground, made him 1 of the most colorful, controversial, best remembered characters of WWII. By 1943 at the age of 30, Boynton commanded a squadron of Marine pilots, & was hailed as 1 of the top fighter aces. In the skies over the Pacific, They tangled with Japanese fighter pilots in deadly duel to the death -- It was Man vs Man..Machine vs Machine..Victory didn't belong to the pilot with the most horsepower, but the man with the most talent & most luck

Major Greg Boyington & his squadron fit the mold of guts & determination"

"He was was 1 of the few people in my 30 yr Marine Corps career who was a born leader. He could inspire people not only thru talking to them, but thru his flying ability"

"There wasn't a man in the squadron who wouldn't lay his life for Pappy Boyington"

"He was a complete 100% total Maverick"
-- Steven Cannell, creator 70's TV series "Black Sheep Squadron"

[ this is kinda Pete "Pistol" Sohren, see pic ]

Walker Evans is more structured. However, according to Eric Arras (part of Riverside racer gang who went to Crandon in 1989), Walker was ready to fight if necessary. Remember the Riverside World Championships when he got into it with xxx whose crew were taunting Walker's crew after a race, where Walker broke (xxx ended up with broken jaw)

[ Pappy tied, then broke fighter kill record held by Eddie Rickenbacker (highest WWI scoring ace, who also raced Indy 500). His wingman was shot down (killed), then he was shot down..spent rest of war in prison camp

"You got a flamer Pappy!!"
-- wingman screamed over radio, "Baa Black Sheep" book
[ I got an autographed copy of the book ]

^^^ There was HUGE pressure on Pappy on tying Rickenbacker's record, both he/wingman were PRESSING. They both ended up getting shot down. Sounds like Robby Gordon "Either we win or break [ DNF ]", verses the smarter RobMac approach "I drive SLOW enough to win". As per Bobby Baldwin ("The Owl")

"Risk Management"
-- 2004 Baja 1000 CNBC documentary (Dylan Ratigan, et al), Cameron Steele, Pistol Pete part of it ]

My thorough coverage thru the years (kinda sparse last several years, though) has all the photos/videos.

PS
Found a shot of Pistol Pete Sohren with his 1 finger salute. Compare to Harley Letner's 1-finger. See Jerry Zaiden pic

[ Camburg arguably has the best booth at ORE..big display at entrance, bare Trophy Truck chassis

ORE 2011, booth breakdown ]

^^^ Yes, I "called" the future RDC "war" between Pistol & Jerry..!!

Check out the various short-course trucks (LOOORS area), Rock-crawlers, etc. There's a pic of Shannon Campbell & his wife. Waylon Campbell's Ultra4 at the Goodyear booth

^^^ Cars from 8 yrs ago look different.."development curve"

Attachments

Last edited:

acers

I was impressed with how fast Brooks was, he was just killing it. Very surprised RobMac was not a contender . He just could not find the speed.

Pro4orNothing

Is there a replay of the Cup race available somewhere on the web? Or are we going to have to wait for the Red Bull broadcast later this fall? Found the points race and "ring race" broadcasts from Saturday and Sunday, but was hoping to watch Cup race from the broadcast's point of view.

sb4pro

Is there a replay of the Cup race available somewhere on the web? Or are we going to have to wait for the Red Bull broadcast later this fall? Found the points race and "ring race" broadcasts from Saturday and Sunday, but was hoping to watch Cup race from the broadcast's point of view.
Not sure if this was you already watched but try this

tchapps88

I parked across the road at that farm and when i walked in saturday morning i noticed a beer coozie on the side of the road, picked it up and it had the flannery logo on it, thought that was an awesome free score