• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crandon

acers

with this being a big year is there any plans for a vintage line up or display during the Labor day events. I maybe able to bring a truck that has lots of history from that area and some desert racing if i can talk my buddy into it, trying to get him to come also but he volunteers for a local off-road event his whole life so it maybe tough to get him to go. Looking for tips and all for Crandon. Really want to make it out there and bring my dad and catch some of the other dirt track racing there and on the way back. We may have camper and if not info for places to stay or tent camping? I know theres lots of info but this being a bigger year i know how that changes since we have some big events in our area. So tips would be great. Are you allowed to drive up and drop off older folks from camping areas ect? you can send a PM so not to plug up the thread. Thanks
They might have overflow camping by the track, but this is going to be big so call soon. Like sb4pro said they have handicap parking and they have shuttles from camp grounds and from crandon. Hell sleep in your car you do not want to miss this one !!!!!

sb4pro

They might have overflow camping by the track, but this is going to be big so call soon. Like sb4pro said they have handicap parking and they have shuttles from camp grounds and from crandon. Hell sleep in your car you do not want to miss this one !!!!!
All us rdc guys that are going should do like a meet and greet just so we can actually see each other . Maybe all meet up in one central spot like the back of the grandstands or the barn or something like that it would be cool meeting everyone

51rcr

Got tickets and camping spots. Couldnt figure out how to use the promo for tickets and camping spots. Which is a great deal i think, takes some worry for a spot or finding other camping this way and at a deal. So i just added them in the cart

Joxracing

All us rdc guys that are going should do like a meet and greet just so we can actually see each other . Maybe all meet up in one central spot like the back of the grandstands or the barn or something like that it would be cool meeting everyone

Feel free to swing by the NineZeroSixRacing pit

sb4pro

Just found out they’re also having ULTRA4 class , it just keeps getting better and better

Rennsport Group

We will be sharing our incredible list of Pro category racers for the upcoming 50th Anniversary Crandon World Championships and World Cup soon. It's epic.

stephenrjking

Bryce racing?
We've heard on this board that his pro 2 has been sold, but he appears to be in possession of his pro 4. Red Bull is producing the tv taping of Crandon, so it seems logical that he'll be there. One short course weekend in 2019 is better than no short course weekends.

sb4pro

I know I’ve posted this vid before but it TRULY describes what Crandon is all about . I can’t wait for it to finally get here .

Matt Kross

If flying to Crandon from Las Vegas, what is the best airport to fly into and how long is the drive to the race track?

sb4pro

If flying to Crandon from Las Vegas, what is the best airport to fly into and how long is the drive to the race track?
Rhinelander is only 30 minutes away from the track also has hotels . Don’t plan on camping cause ........
93DB4B92-A149-49EA-A655-F1AF4DC1629C.png

stephenrjking

“Close” is a relative term. Never flown there but my guess would be Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, which is an hour and a half away. Green Bay is 2+ hours and nothing else is remotely local, unless there’s good service in the UP I don’t know about.

The drive is part of the fun. Northern Wisconsin is beautiful to drive through.

afortune46

Most fly into Wausau 1h30m away from the track (thats where USAC flies everyone into), Rhinelander is expensive and rental cars are limited but thats 29 miles away from the track.

Joxracing

“Close” is a relative term. Never flown there but my guess would be Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, which is an hour and a half away. Green Bay is 2+ hours and nothing else is remotely local, unless there’s good service in the UP I don’t know about.

The drive is part of the fun. Northern Wisconsin is beautiful to drive through.
You could fly into KI Sawyer (Marquette, my home town) and you’d be about 2.5 hours away. Same thing for Escanaba. Both are pretty rinky dink operations though. KI does have a couple rental car options though.

450grl

I have flown into Appleton, GreenBay and Milwaukee......I think Appleton is my favorite. Small airport, super easy rental cars, not a bad price for tix. Rhinelander is hella expensive.