• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crandon

sb4pro

I cant wait! While obviously it wont be the largest truck count we have ever seen its great to see most of the big names finally making it back here to support the legendary facility!

"Get Van Halen’s “Right Now” blasting on the P.A. like they had been doing for quite a few years while they’re at it...I’ve always associated that song with Crandon Cup intros since I started going". Same here! lol

For me I am very concerned about the logistics that will come with the event. For someone who hasn't missed a spring or fall race since 2006, I worry that the enormous amount of people may possibly bring down the weekend for the true offroad racing fan. Its great they finally have a huge concert (even tho i have no interest in attending kid rock) something i have always thought was needed at the event but to me this will bring in so many non racing fans that it will almost take away from the people who care about the racing. I cant tell you how many people ask if I have extra tickets and when i ask them what day i get "well we dont care about the racing we just want to see kid rock". I just hope all of the one and done spectators dont ruin this spectacle we die hards have waited so long for.

Anyways im sure Crandon has a plan and will pull through as they always do and it will be a great weekend!
I’ve been thinking the same thing especially having to worry about handicapped parking and seating but I’m sure things will work out . It will just be up to us diehards to try and be a little patient with the newbies and the one and dones . Us diehards know the ropes , like tailgating after the races for awhile to let traffic die down , going to crandon to eat afterwards instead of the long traffic jam back to Rhinelander and stuff like that . I’m basically gonna do like I always do enjoy the races and let the newbies and concert onlys do theirs , we diehards know the real show is the RACING . Also if we see “ nasty crap “ going on we need to speak up and call it out . It’s good that the concert is on Friday that way it’ll be done and over with before the main Lucas and Red Bull races .

Last edited:

stephenrjking

I’ve been thinking the same thing especially having to worry about handicapped parking and seating but I’m sure things will work out . It will just be up to us diehards to try and be a little patient with the newbies and the one and dones . Us diehards know the ropes , like tailgating after the races for awhile to let traffic die down , going to crandon to eat afterwards instead of the long traffic jam back to Rhinelander and stuff like that . I’m basically gonna do like I always do enjoy the races and let the newbies and concert onlys do theirs , we diehards know the real show is the RACING . Also if we see “ nasty crap “ going on we need to speak up and call it out . It’s good that the concert is on Friday that way it’ll be done and over with before the main Lucas and Red Bull races .
If you want the sport to flourish, if you want big truck counts with real advertising, if you want west coast guys to make the trip, you want those newbies to come and you want them to think the racing is awesome.

I went to spring Crandon four years ago as a newbie on a whim. Now my 5-year old son, whom I took to ERX this year, keeps asking me when I’ll take him to another race.

Don’t worry that people will come. Worry that they won’t.

sb4pro

If you want the sport to flourish, if you want big truck counts with real advertising, if you want west coast guys to make the trip, you want those newbies to come and you want them to think the racing is awesome.

I went to spring Crandon four years ago as a newbie on a whim. Now my 5-year old son, whom I took to ERX this year, keeps asking me when I’ll take him to another race.

Don’t worry that people will come. Worry that they won’t.
Not worried about the AMOUNT of people I’m worried about the TYPE . A couple years ago some scumbags were having sex back behind the bathrooms . To make matters worse some other idiot posted it on YouTube for everyone to see . Our sport is a FAMILY sport and we don’t need people like that giving us a bad name .

Joxracing

Get Van Halen’s “Right Now” blasting on the P.A. like they had been doing for quite a few years while they’re at it...I’ve always associated that song with Crandon Cup intros since I started going.
It’s funny you said that, I literally had no idea who ever sang that song until now. I purely associated that with the start of the P4 race at the tracks, which is both good and bad

Rennsport Group

Hey SB4...nice job. We will try to incorporate some of that into the house feed and Live Stream...missing some Van Halen and Kid Rock though. No worries, I can fix that!! Truthfully, music is all part of the Crandon Experience and we are working to make it even better for this year's 50th. Cheers!

sb4pro

Hey SB4...nice job. We will try to incorporate some of that into the house feed and Live Stream...missing some Van Halen and Kid Rock though. No worries, I can fix that!! Truthfully, music is all part of the Crandon Experience and we are working to make it even better for this year's 50th. Cheers!
I’m more into to country or 70s easy rock so no Van Halen or Kid . I tried to make all the songs have something to do with trucks , either in the song or in the video . Basically I’ll be listening to this on my almost 14 hour road trip to the track lol .
414A718B-0854-4EB6-B112-4BC5536E9EC6.png

GarofaloBrosRacing

Just found out my friend from nearby is going . He’s gonna be racing the ULTRA4 race . His name is Matt Garofalo , here’s a vid of me doing a ride along at a local event

And here’s one of his actual runs
Man those videos are oldies! You will enjoy the Ultra4 races, both Saturday and Sunday last year were action packed. See you there!

sb4pro

To much country for me
Keep in mind where and what Crandon is ........
middle of nowhere small town USA in other words COUNTRY ;) . The town I live in and Crandon have the same population roughly 2000 .

acers

Be interesting to see if the pro4s can get through that many pro2s in the cup race. Seems like pro2 has the advantage . Should be some great racing

afortune46

Turn of events from this past weekends activities for m , Ill only be there late friday night at the earliest or else by noon saturday leaving sunday. If theres a meet up it'd be great to do it on saturday before the chaos starts if at all possible.

If you guys were interested I could talk to our team and see if they wanted to host it at our semi ? not sure how that'll go with 4 cars under the tent but it'd get us in shade.

sb4pro

Turn of events from this past weekends activities for m , Ill only be there late friday night at the earliest or else by noon saturday leaving sunday. If theres a meet up it'd be great to do it on saturday before the chaos starts if at all possible.

If you guys were interested I could talk to our team and see if they wanted to host it at our semi ? not sure how that'll go with 4 cars under the tent but it'd get us in shade.
Sounds good Fortune here’s my cell number text me at the track maybe we could get a text message chain going and all meet up . I figure just about everyone has a cell and it’s an easy way for everyone to get in touch .
585 297-4844 my real name is MJ . CANT WAIT TO GET TO THE TRACK :cool: