• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crandon

acers

This was one hell of a good time. The crowd was huge. Great job by RJ in the cup race he drove the wheels off that truck. Great time and great people THANKS CRANDON !!!!

Pro4orNothing

All in all a great weekend. Sunday was much better than Saturday...actually stayed on schedule almost all day.

Congrats to RJ on the Cup win...very impressive drive to survive the carnage that was happening mid-pack and avoid mechanicals like most everyone else. Sounded like a wild post-victory celebration too.

Menzies without a doubt had the fastest truck all weekend but had zero to show for it.

LeDuc had a lot of bad luck...some self-inflicted, some none of his own doing. Have a hard time believing that he'll be helping Carlsons out with spare parts for their Pro4 anytime soon.

Midwest motors vs. West Coast motors looked to have very little difference this weekend outside of Brooks. Rob Mac and Deegan couldn't carve their way through the field like Brooks could. Maybe both series just go 410/midwest next year and end this split class stuff we've seen the last 2 years?

CJ's new Pro4 looks really good for the minimal amount of time they've had it on track...be interested to see if they can improve more in the Midwest's offseason

Pro Lite was really clean (mostly...) from what I saw; props to Polvoorde on the perfect season...he really did his homework and put in time up here this summer. Hope to see it pay off out west the last few rounds and maybe see him move up next year

Watched the replay of the Red Bull stream for Pro2/Pro4 races on both days and was impressed. Would've loved to have heard Jason Weigandt and Cameron Steele's commentary at the track as well...

Wish short course season here in the midwest wasn't over already! Can't wait for next summer...hope the strong 50th anniversary leads to bigger, better days up here.

acers

Also do not like two set of rules for pro2 . I think west coast is going to the 410 in 2021. I think RobMac, Deegan and Kincaid should be in pro4. Hopefully with Red Bull extending Bryce will be back

ragracin

I talked to Rob Mac about an engine rule change and it did not sound like they were changing and if they do their are going to be some unhappy pro 2 west coast guys. I can see their point of not wanting to have to change because of the investment of the engines they already have.

sb4pro

I’d like to see p2 with the 410 rule and p4 be unlimited . I know money wise it would hurt some teams at 1st but in the long run I think it would save

ColeA

The problem is most of the west coast teams have 3-4 engines that become paperweights once the 410 rule would go into place. No one wants to buy a race motor for a prerunner or street car( unless you want a really bada$$ street cars). so right away those guys are going to have to buy 3 motors to be able to keep the time cycle complete. Rob mac said he stopped racing pro4 and is using the motors from that truck in his pro-2. So now he has 5-6 paperweights in the garage.

Yes it helped pro-2 in the Midwest but how many people raced pro-2 originally that are still racing today? Its a very tipsy subject and can either help or hurt. But look at all the other motor changes in other classes and how its hurt them(yes there has been chassis rules with pro light that put a damper on it as well).

All the trucks still exist and this weekend proved it. now time to figure out how to get them out of the garage and on the track. And if you have a west coast pro-2 sitting in the garage and are going through a rough time the past few years and haven't been able to race. then you find funding and are about to go race when the rule changes and you go to spend 50k on a motor instantly instead of risking running the old motor all year or even a half year

nimrod

KOOK!
Everyone will be on 410 in 2021.
The West Coast motors had trouble finding traction. On a slippery course hp is no good unless it translates to forward progress.
The west coast guys never see speeds that high or speeds that high in turns. Even Reno has a hairpin at the end of the one big straight so if they haven’t been to Crandon lately finding the right setup for 95mph turns takes some work.
I think most guys were chasing traction all weekend. Rob made huge improvement between Friday to Sunday
and that was set-up related in my opinion.

nimrod

KOOK!
Just FYI. The only food NOT fried there is on a bun and if it’s a brat it’s fried.
French fries, Fried Chicken, 2-3 kinds of fried cheese, fried pickles, fried fish, fried potatoes, fried pepperoni wrapped in cheese, and I’m not talking about the fairgrounds. I mean pretty much every restaurant.
Take extra Lipitor and go big at the BIG HOUSE!

51rcr

speaking of food and beverages. And everything else. Great prices. definitely not over priced, actually cheaper then most restaurants and convenience stores. We ate lots easy to do with the intermissions. We bought and ate more just cause cause it was so good and affordable.

sb4pro

speaking of food and beverages. And everything else. Great prices. definitely not over priced, actually cheaper then most restaurants and convenience stores. We ate lots easy to do with the intermissions. We bought and ate more just cause cause it was so good and affordable.
Even beer and mixed drinks were reasonable I was drinking Red Bull tequilas all weekend ;)

nimrod

KOOK!
Crandon is AMAZING! The people, the racing, the weather, if you’ve never been start planning to go next year!

nimrod

KOOK!
Omg nimrod we should have gotten together for supper at Culver’s I was staying at the Quality Inn right next door to it
That was actually a Culver’s in Illinois on the drive up from Chicago. We stayed in Crandon but I would have loved going to “The Pub” with ya!