Crap work, dangerous times and wasted money

Bert is my name

Reaction
I used to see them all over East county And show boating at gecko loop. Don't see too much of them anymore. Trucks still look like they just started fabricating. Garbage.

Fifty

Reaction
That sucks. It seems some companies have sorted how to screw customers with out recourse and make a habit of it...

Jay150

Reaction
That sucks. It seems some companies have sorted how to screw customers with out recourse and make a habit of it...

Really does and this guy has no problem with it either. I’m about to make this guy IG famous

Fifty

Reaction
I still find stuff they broke or ruined. The rear glass on the cab has rmetal imbedded in it. They must have tried to cut the bed sides off the truck with the bed still attached to the frame. That glass is ruined, rusty pits in it. Found plastic trim shoved behind the engine between it and the firewall. WHat they were doing there, I have no idea. Their work is like herpes. I stopped posting the things they broke or damaged here, and just posted it on instagram as I found it.

Fifty

Reaction
I think the repairs and rebuilding the cash to do the work with BTF has over run the time they were available. BTF was kind enough to push their schedule back a bit, and then they have just become too busy. They thought they might have had some time around now, but unfortunately its not to be.

I attempted to use a bender I had to maybe build a bumper to replace the band aided mcneil crud, but it was a fools errand and I am just too broken to bend the tube even with a cheater. I can invest in a hydraulic attachment.... but then Im still going to be at the mercy of my limited movement and abilities. It reinforced my decision to contract the work out.

So Im back into the research and contact phase. I have found its a trifecta of a company that has the skillset to engineer, skillset to fabricate, honesty, then its also availability and then finally they need to want to do the project.

Ive run into a lot of "not interested" from the bigger name spots, which I dont blame them. The commercial return for anything on this truck is terrible because its the cheapest owner base of any platform I have ever seen.

I certainly do wish there was more of this industry around where I am, but there just isnt. The brain trust is all in socal, NV and arizona... So its a long distance affair.

*update: I meant to post this the other day and it sat on my laptop. Since I did not post it, I will update to where I am as of right now. Someone recommended nick valentine of NV Fab (nvfab.com) and then I was asking Kellan Meadows if he knew of a place (he was organizing rear springs for my wifes suburban) and he said his shop does this sort of fabrication work. I thought he, envy motorsports, was a parts only place.
Does anyone know who does the fab for envy motorsports?
Any opinions? kellan seems the most interested for my oddities of prerunner with a bit of storage, which is nice to have someone enthusiastic about it. And he seems like a heck of a nice guy.

But I have just seen a shop out of texas charging top dollar for a build that looks like I welded it....

Fifty

Reaction
It’s Jan 2021... I’d say about 90% of the damage done to the truck by mcneil racing has been fixed.
Things like metal pitted into the windshield and rear glass, plastic trim and paint of course are permanent until I decide to replace or the glass breaks.
I’ve sourced most of the window cowl trim and engine bay trim that was missing... I’m lucky one of the pieces was one of the parts that was shoved down between the engine and firewall.

outside of that stuff, it’s pretty much done as far as can be done. The final cost was drastic. I should have hired an international attorney and gone after them. At least the attorney would have gotten the IRS involved and border/customs involved at a rate they would actually do something..
It’s not too late, now that I’m not spending money on fixing damage, I can spend it on an attorney being a “friend of the courts” and have a document sent off to any govt agencies that mcneil is sidestepping.

the rear glass has been cracking since day one, the paint is utter junk and quite frankly I’d like to not have to dodge the question every time someone asks whose glass is on the truck. Ill be damned if I even accidentally steer someone his way.

@FiberwerX and I spoke a bit today about swapping glass out later this year. I’ll have to save up some funds. I’m about to spend a small fortune on some bypass shocks for the front...
as much as the guys at ADS love my back rubs and “special love you long time” massages, I am a full paying customer. My “connection” gets me stuff special built, and I’m super happy with that arraignment. Kinky sex and money makes the world go round after all. ;)

anyways, once my wife forgets about the shocks, then I’ll be able to get the glass and paint. Petty? Who cares. Screw mcneil racing. I don’t want his crap on my truck.

so, hopefully by summers end, ill have the scratch for the swap....
I’ll play the “C” card heavy on my wife too and try to up my allowance. (Shhh don’t tell her) That thing is getting cut out of my head beginning of March. Already started the medical build Up.

so mid March, I want to take a nice trip in this truck... it’s been down almost 2 years...