Crash at Ocotillo Wells

michael_loomis

Reaction
i witnessed a very bad crash there today , a semi t-boned a fullsize green blazer . the driver was in bad shape and was life flighted out . if anyone here knows this person and the passenger my prayers go out to him , his family and friends.

cleartoy

Reaction
I didnt see it but while at BLow sand, my gurl went to My Desert ROse and saw the wreckage. The way she described it was horrible.

ALso, someone must have hit that rock at Blow Sand cuz it was sittin in the middle of the path for the steep side. Ouch.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Bonzen

Reaction
We got there right after it happened. The blazer was completely caved in on the drivers side...I dont know how anyone could have survived that.

On a good note....the desert was fun this weekend, alot of people were out and besides that crash no accidents, and just alot of love out there!

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

michael_loomis

Reaction
i was riding around devil slide and blow sand a little (black CR250 #55) didnt see anyone i recognized.

sweetdevil

Reaction
I didn't see the accident, but it's kinda scary cuz I just left the Desert Rose, when I got back to camp, my buddy pulled in and said he pretty much saw it happen, and he was only about 5 minutes behind me... I must have just missed that truck.
As for Ocotillo, it was kinda boring with out my bike, and there was a of drama with the people we ended up camping with (thanks for leaving bonzen... lol) but I still had a good time.

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Sounds like Ryan made a decision with some tact left!!!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

Bonzen

Reaction
hey we hung out at Devil's slide and shell reefer! You held the light for me while I changed my tire...thanks. After that, well, we were all over the place and it was kinda a constant race all around.

We never made it back to camp cuz we went to mobil land(trailer park) and drank and I did my stand up comedy till about 3am.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

sweetdevil

Reaction
The dude there from escondido (the one that rode a quad for the first time that day and landed in the back of a tacoma) got hammered to make his headache go away, started talking trash at Blowsand and a couple of guys jumped him. He was just lying at blow sand bleeding everywhere. We were back at camp and some people drove over to us, told us what happened, and asked us what we were gonna do. I didn't bring him out here, I was way too hamemred to drive, and I don't know the guy from adam, so Mark called the rangers to go get him, and went back to sleep. The rangers bought him back to camp, and the paramedics came to get him. He had a pretty serious concussion, and kept slipping in and out of conciousness.
There was also some dude fighting everybody within sight, cuz he coudln't find his keys on Saturday... so this wasn't the best weekend in the dezert, I've had one or two worse...

In_the_works

Reaction
I passed the accident just after it happened i.e. before the rangers/paramedics got there. I didn't see much, but one guy in just riding pants/boots looked like he got some very nasty road rash and his back was bleeding pretty bad. But I spent most of my time out past Pole Line rd. so looks like I missed most of the drama by devils slide or wherever.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

sweetdevil

Reaction
devils's slide, shell reef and blowsand were all great, I wasn't at blowsand when that guy got hurt, I was either asleep by then or at devil's slide (I'm not sure what time anything happened, everything was kinda blurred by bud light) I had fun out at the hills, just not at camp!!! lol

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
"ALso, someone must have hit that rock at Blow Sand cuz it was sittin in the middle of the path for the steep side. Ouch!"

Actually they backed on to it and got high centered. They had to dig out the rock and move it over to get free. Wild turkey strikes agian!!!!

schafer

Reaction

Attachments

• 24-39253-bronco.jpg
    24-39253-bronco.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 180

michael_loomis

Reaction
ya thats the blazer ... the guy that was in the riding pants with the cuts all over his back was the passenger. when the semi came to a stop , i saw him running over to the blazer , i think he may have gotten ejected out at impact.