• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crew Cab Ford Ranger - how do I get one?

RRose

Does anyone here know what it would take to get a crew cab ford ranger cab with doors in the US?

gomer

RRose said:
Does anyone here know what it would take to get a crew cab ford ranger cab with doors in the US?
Where is it comming from?

Post a pic, I've never seen a CC Ford Ranger.

.CAL.Photo.

When i was on my cruise in mexico i saw a bunch of em. Kinda weird at first but it does kinda grow on you. I am guessing buy it in Mex? Bring the cab back over the border.:cool:

CORRY

RRose

huntingtonbeach said:
Where is it comming from?

Post a pic, I've never seen a CC Ford Ranger.
ya... I only know for sure that they have them in mexico.... probably have them in canada too.... all I really need is a cab with door..... I need to find a "pick-a-part" down there with one.

4lb2

Why not use a sport track body?

RRose

4lb2 said:
Why not use a sport track body?
Because anyone could have one of those.

RRose

John_Bitting said:
You should have bought the one not too long ago in the RDC classifieds, it was a cab and doors.
REALLY???? how long ago John..... maybe he still has it?

Jimmy8

Owning a Ford dealership, I can tell you that we would love to be able to sell a Crew Cab Ranger, but it just isn't going to happen in the states anytime soon from what I understand. It would be in direct competition with the Sport Trac. Your best bet is to buy one in Mexico and pay to import it to the states or look for a cab and doors. Speaking of the Sport Trac, the new 2007 version comes out in early 2006 (6-8 months out) and will blow your mind. I have personally seen it up close and it's amazing. Attached is a picture of the 400 horsepower Adrenalin model. Who's going to be the first one with one of these as their prerunner? I have been considering it...

Attachments

RRose

Jimmy8 said:
Owning a Ford dealership, I can tell you that we would love to be able to sell a Crew Cab Ranger, but it just isn't going to happen in the states anytime soon from what I understand. It would be in direct competition with the Sport Trac. Your best bet is to buy one in Mexico and pay to import it to the states or look for a cab and doors. Speaking of the Sport Trac, the new 2007 version comes out in early 2006 (6-8 months out) and will blow your mind. I have personally seen it up close and it's amazing. Attached is a picture of the 400 horsepower Adrenalin model. Who's going to be the first one with one of these as their prerunner? I have been considering it...
that thing is sweet..... that would make a great racer.... but they guys that can afford to buy a new truck and cut it up.... still blow me away.... you've got money to burn if you are doing that!

Jimmy8

The one I pictured is a limited production SVT product coming out late fall/early winter of 2006. The regular production version will have the new hot rod 4.6L V8 that is coming out in the new Explorer/Mountaineer this month that makes 290 horsepower.

Attachments

Salvador

RRose said:

Ryan, I live in Mexico and worj on an Insurance company, let my try to find you some cab. I will let you now in a couple of days

SPROCKET

i saw one in ensanada, it was about a year ago. my thought at that time was to
take my vin tag and drivers door off my 93 prerunner and builb it up. the owner
wanted $5100.00 us. these trucks are out there on the roads so theres got to be
others in a yonkee. hopefully someone who posts from mexicali,san luis, tj or ensanada could locate one. as far as crossing with a cab and doors all you need is
a recipt. good luck.
let us all know what happens.

Chris_Wilson

I'm no DMV expert but I do know switching VIN tags is a big no-no and could
easily result in loosing your vehicle or worse.

There are legal ways to replace a cab. Look into that. Call a registeration company.

Tom_Willis

Jimmy8 said:
The regular production version will have the new hot rod 4.6L V8 that is coming out in the new Explorer/Mountaineer this month that makes 290 horsepower.
I think I've just seen my next truck. Any idea on the price of a 4wd version?

gwm

I saw a crew cab Ranger at Sears in El Cajon yesterday (Mx plates). Nice! I have to say I like it a lot better than the Sport Trac.