Crew member injured at the 500

chino

Reaction
To put it simply, please remember that the accident happened in Mexico to a Mexican National team, diferent country, diferent laws applys.

I doubt the team has a Payroll specifically for the race team, and i could guess that the injured volunteer is maybe a employee or just a person who went to the race as crew for the Papas and Beer TT team, even if he is a employee of one of the Ampudias bussines this will not qualify as a "Work Accident/Incident" in order to him having Social Security attention, and good luck in finding an Insurance Company that covers and it is willing to pay a racing accident/incident on a Mayor Medical Expenses Policy here in Mexico, i am talking of what happened here and not the racers policy that SCORE provides, that is a whole other subject.

43mod

Reaction
Agreed. There is no way i could dictate what my rag tag group must have to come slum along. We have the best med coverage our mex policies offer but you really wont
Know what you have until its needed.
One more time, Dave Cole nominated to be SCORE owner

mv181aa

Reaction
If you are crew for an Ultra4 team, or any crew at a race sanctioned by USAC, you have medical and legal liability insurance.

USAC has tried to work with other series but got shot down becuase of the cost.

We charge $5 an event for crew insurance on top of the entry fee...usually totals $25.

Just saying there are solutions out there.

Dave
Does this apply in Mexico Dave?

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Does this apply in Mexico Dave?
It might, and if it doesn't, it could. There are insurance companies all around the world that will underwrite just about anything for a price. Promoters have to decide whether it is something competitors are willing to pay for or not. How Many folks lost their fire insurance in California in the last 2 years and had to go to the State's program for coverage to keep their mortgages alive? That was because the underwriters in Europe decided they were no longer going to write policies to cover 80% of U.S. insurance writer's policies. The loss numbers have finally become too big for the risk. This will fall in the same category. How much will medical bills be compared to the group pay return coming in? Health insurance isn't cheap for non-racing endeavors.

jon coleman

Reaction
I don’t think there would be anyone on here that would argue raising entry fees $100 - $200 for solid medical at a race. I know I wouldn’t complain. Heck I would pay more than that.

—john
thats cheap, if its Full ride care, helo ride/ cross boarder, Anyone who races should Really look into riders on there ins.policys, or getting additional coverage, also Double check your personal policys to make sure you Are covered in a sanctioned closed course motorsport event

Tube ride

Reaction
GENARO I am thinking about you and your family this morning, I hope your spirits are high and your recovery is going well. We are all praying for you , keep fighting and know that we are a Offroad family and we are here to help you and your family in any way we can . Mejora pronto mi amigo te amamos !!!