crf 250.

peezy

Reaction
right know i am looking for a dirt bike, and i got a email for a crf 250 for $1100. but he says it needs new

head
cam
valves
piston
rings

so i think a new top end. how much do they cost for 4 strokes? is it worth to get or no.

he does not know if that is the problem or if there is more problems, i just asked what it runs/sound like and stuff to find out.

what you think.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
What year is it?
The crf250 can get expensive to rebuild or even do intake valves.
If the bike grenaded when he was riding it then it could be extensive.
Some people think when the bike becomes hard (or impossible) to start that the motor is done, when in fact it might not be.
If the rest of the bike is in decent condition then a rolling chassis for $1100 ain't all bad (imo).

right know i am looking for a dirt bike, and i got a email for a crf 250 for $1100. but he says it needs new

head
cam
valves
piston
rings

so i think a new top end. how much do they cost for 4 strokes? is it worth to get or no.

he does not know if that is the problem or if there is more problems, i just asked what it runs/sound like and stuff to find out.

what you think.

motoman29

Reaction
If it runs currently, you can get the whole top end done for around $1000.

My guess is that you could find another bike that doesn't need work for less than $2100.

There are lots of green sticker 2 strokes out there for $1500 or less.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Judging from your previous posts (other topics) I'm assuming that you would not be doing any of the needed repair work. Probably add another $600.00 for shop labor too!

WORCS332

Reaction
Depends what year but probably not worth it. Spend a couple 100 bucks more and get one thats in good condition. Well thats at least what I would do.