crf 450 desert milage

tofarnorth

Reaction
im riding vegas to reno on a buddies 450 he claimes it will only go 54 on a 3.2 that seems really low my husks will go that far on a stock tank

motoman29

Reaction
at race speed, you might get 60 miles on a 3.2.

just trail riding, you can get more like 80 miles.

with an X over an R, you can get a bit further with the right gearing.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
i got 80+ miles on my XR400 yesterday. but CRFs are probably really lower, maybe around 60 race speed.

tofarnorth

Reaction
thanks im guessing with tall gearing car coarse 65 to 70

FullsizeFun

Reaction
Banking on 60 max miles for V2R is cutting it close. Check the distance between pits and work on your pit strategy. When you are PINNED in 2nd gear plowing through the silt, you are not getting the greatest mileage

tofarnorth

Reaction
well race is over we finished did a couple of 65 mile runs w/o running out. still packed gas just in case. the only problem with bike valves kept tighting up

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
well race is over we finished did a couple of 65 mile runs w/o running out. still packed gas just in case. the only problem with bike valves kept tighting up
What was your race #? Did you guys have fun?
Not many teams had issues with those 62+ mile sections. Lots of fast roads, not much on/off/on/off throttle meant decent mileage.

There's a few ways to remedy the tight valves (i'm assuming you meant crf?).
Some aftermarket valves are really expensive. OEM Honda steel valves are inexpensive.
There's a really good company in So.Cal. called AS Racing (asracinginc.com) who can do your head and it will last indefinitely. He'll give you all the options.

Chase 2

Reaction
There's a really good company in So.Cal. called AS Racing (asracinginc.com) who can do your head and it will last indefinitely. He'll give you all the options.

++10000 Paul @ AS Racing is THE Man. Super nice guy who knows his stuff, and does VERY high quality work. I wouldn't take head work any place else.

tofarnorth

Reaction
we were 907 your mech fixed our bike on day 2 ran great until rm 952 than started again but we nursed it home thanks again for your help wouldnt have finished without it