Crimpers for uninsulated terminals?

Czechsix

Reaction
Howdy folks, first time poster long time reader blah blah blah...

I'm using some of the ratchet style (ancor, actually) crimpers to do my insulated terminal squishes - but I'm having a helluva time finding an equivalent tool for the uninsulated terminals, like the ones that are female spades that you insert into the hella relay blocks.....

Anyone have a good source for high quality ratchet style crimpers for uninsulated terminals?

_

Reaction
What I believe you are looking for is often referred to as an "F Crimp" crimp tool.

Here are two Packard numbers that are available through Waytek. (you can order on-line through Waytek's website)

http://waytekwire.com/

These are both good quality ratcheting style crimp tools that between the two, will allow you to crimp almost all F style crimps for almost all wire sizes.

Packard #: 12085270
Packard #: 12085271

Good Luck

Howdy folks, first time poster long time reader blah blah blah...

I'm using some of the ratchet style (ancor, actually) crimpers to do my insulated terminal squishes - but I'm having a helluva time finding an equivalent tool for the uninsulated terminals, like the ones that are female spades that you insert into the hella relay blocks.....

Anyone have a good source for high quality ratchet style crimpers for uninsulated terminals?

Triaged

Reaction
Do the crimpers that you have take interchangeable dies?

It seems that you want crimpers for what are called "Open Barrel Non-Insulated Terminals". That is the ones that has some crimped on the stripped part and some on the wire. Weather pack connectors take the Packard tool but the one you want sounds like the link/picture below. I have one and the Paladin ratcheting tool they go into. It will do both crimps at the same time. If you want to crimp and solder your terminals you don't want this type because as the insulation melts it will loosen the crimp. Because of that if you solder you want one that will do it as 2 separate operations so you can crimp bare wire, solder, crimp insulated wire.

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/388608-die-set-term-non-insul-22-10-awg-2033.html

PSmith

Reaction
^ same here, similar anyway. i bought a set off the snap-on truck, same as above except they have two crimping sections (10-12 & 14-20) and a flat section to double crimp flat and ring terminal ends.

i believe klein makes a set that's nearly identical to mine, should be able to find them in the electrical section of your local home depot / lowes for around $25.

bigtex

Reaction
Iam a Mac tools distributor in escondido, I ahve what you hard looking for in stock. PM me if you would like my number Iam down in sd alot.