• Forum membership has its advantages....

Crossing in Tecate

DTA 55

Yeah I'm not about to start doing that and sorry if joking about it wasn't obvious. I'd get Sentri in a heartbeat but most of the time I'm towing a trailer when i go down there.
When we do trailer we either do medical pass which is usually half the wait, or we pay the $10 for the line cutter special. (Yes it's a dick move but hey the locals gotta make their money too!):p

Zambo

I need to learn the line cutter special, haha. I finally figured out how to get into the ready lanes by going through those two roundabouts to get in line, only to find that the line last month was way past that intersection so I had to worm all over the city to get in line again. Then, once again, I got in the wrong line and it spit me out on the road back toward Rosarito. So I said F it and got in the regular line after finally turning around. I have vowed to never again cross after early morning Sunday, even on non-race weekends. I'll come back at zero-dark in the morning or wait until midnight!

AZ7000'

I think he is saying you cant tow anything in the sentri line.

Also as far as I know, no RVs in sentri either.

If you have documentation that says otherwise please post.
We have a 23’ sprinter mh, now you submit the app on line and I did, came back a few months later as an approved vehicle on my account. We were told it is dictated by the individual crossing and length, we are no longer then a 4 door truck w a long bed. Just finished a peninsula run on Moto’s w the wife and in Cabo. I’ll look for the info when I get home after entering w our global entries!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

biggjim

Some friends of mine were shook down to the tune of $800 in mexicali coming home from the Bj1000. The were stopped for allegedly running a stop sign.

Zambo

800 bucks! WTF? I heard some guys complaining about this on the weatherman channel while waiting in line but I didn't know it was that much. 50 or 100 bucks to a crooked cop sure, but for 800 I think I'd have said lets go to the station and see the judge. BTW I've had to pay the mordida to a cop twice in my time, but both times it was because I actually was speeding or ran a red light.

Honda48X

Some friends of mine were shook down to the tune of $800 in mexicali coming home from the Bj1000. The were stopped for allegedly running a stop sign.
We have several pieces of paper with information to the Police Officer on it. It reads the following and then translated into English.

Aviso a usted oficial de policia
Entiendo que usted ha pedido que me detenga debido a que posiblemente he cometido una violacion de transito. Obedecere sus instrucciones de acuerdo a la ley, le entregare mi Licencia para Conducir y el Registro de mi vehiculo. Sin abmitir la culpa en esta situacion, voluntariamente lo seguire hacia la Estacion de Policia en donde Usted o alguien podra informarme acerca de los procedimientos legales a que haya lugar, y si me es requerido, pagare la multa que sea correspondiente. Entiendo que en este caso, se me extendera un recibo por el concepto de la multa.

English translation

Notice to Mexican Police Officer
I understand that you have stopped me for allegedly committing a traffic violation. I will obey your legal instructions by providing you with my Drivers License and vehicle registration. Without admitting guilt in this situation. I will voluntarily follow you to your local police station., where you can properly inform me of the legal procedures, and if asked I will pay the required fine. I understand that you will issue me a receipt for these actions.

Por favor, tome nota de que:

Tengo conocimiento de que existe la Sindicatura del Ayuntamiento, y que si Usted me ha pedido que le pague directamente la multa de la infraccion de transito, le pedire que me diga su nombre y numero de official. Es mi derecho reportar esto a la oficina del Ayuntamiento, donde una investigacion oficial podria ser iniciada.

English translation

Please note:

I am also aware of the SINDICATURA process, and if you have asked me to pay you directly for a traffic violation fine, I will ask that you give me your name and badge number. It is my right to report this to the Mayor's Office, where an official investigation may be undertaken.

Print these if you have no one that speaks Spanish and make sure they have a copy of this.

What occurred is not right and we need these bad apples off the street as police officers.

Honda48X

There is a public worker's union office specifically charged with investigating police matters, and firing corrupt officials. It is called the "Sindicatura," and it is a name you should remember. It is pronounced "seen-dee-kah-too-ra."

It does not matter if the officer speaks English, or understands anything of what you are saying. When he hears that word, the game is usually over. It has been said by a Mexican observer, "Sindicatura to a police officer is like a gold cross to a vampire." They are the "untouchables" of the local government.
Sindicatura del Gobierno Municipal Tijuana(664) 688-2810, 973-7770, 973-7759, 683-4095 Ensenada(646) 617,1561, 176-2222, 617-1561 Mexicali(686) 558-1600 x1661​

bajafox

Accepted
People make the mistake of getting out the license and showing them how much cash they have
First time I ever did a mordida I handed my license over with a $20 bill under it. I got my warning amd went home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk