Crucial D2G Information!!

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Greetings to all,

On behalf of Dana, Scott, Mouse, Rich, IFC Films and myself, we all very, very much appreciate the growing fever on the release of D2G. As you know by all the new PR that's out there, we are working hard to really maximize the launch of this film.

However, please understand that seeing the film at places like Phoenix and Newport Beach (film festivals) are great for the festival promoters, but these ticket sales DO NOT count as box office and have no effect on the all-important first/second weekend per-screen averages that will help us get the film out nationally by the end of April.

The Malibu Dan / KLSX event is different, that is counted as box office and we hope that all of you make it there, or go with the familiy to a local theater. Go early and often!

Best,

Marty Fiolka
Dust to Glory

roach

Reaction
marty, i got a change to watch a pre-screening last night here in san diego. JUST FRICKEN AWSOME. it had everything from humor and laughter, to suspense and drama, to action and sadness. loved it. you can count on me to not only pass the word, but you can count on ticket sales as i plan to watch it again more than once down here in san diego on the weekend of the 8th. cant let my friends go alone, you know.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Website
www.willhigman.com
Marty

Good point and thank you for reminding all of us!

I am actually going to do a little emailing campaign with all my family, friends and business associates around the country.

I am going to do all the research about the theater location and times. I will then send emails out to people that I know in different markets with the thought of making it easy on them "not to miss it".

Good luck here we go!

Will Higman

SKISPEED

Reaction
Website
members.cox.net
If the movie is a great as it is claimed by all that have seen it on this forum then I wont have any problem going to see is more than once. I feel bad that I made everyone aware of the fact that the film was being shown at the film festival. Did I mess up your plans?? From the reaction of all of us in Phoenix maybe it would have made sense to market the film differently.

Whats the point of putting your film in film festivals? There are already more than 100 people heading out to the Phoenix film festival showing.

So depending on the impression from that viewing people will either drag all there non race associate friends out the the theater or see it once and go on with life.

I am hoping it is everything that the hype has prepared us for.

I already told my wife that I will see her in june after I am done going to the theater to watch DTG every weekend and after spectating/chasing the Baja 500.

Last edited:

MikeLeung

Reaction
If anybody is still interested in the Tucson premiere....I'll host a party at my house and pick tickets for everybody

roach

Reaction
there, you see, mike is HARD CORE!! he is willing to have everyone trash his house and spend his money all in the good name of off road. you rock mike! wish i was living in your part of the woods!!!!!!

mattrick8888

Reaction
so i was watching SNL tonight and during the first commercial break was a commercial for dust to glory. i thought it was pretty cool to see it during a slot like that.

schifanelli

Reaction
Website
www.schifanelli.com
Marty:
We were fortunate to see a preview in Aspen several weeks ago hosted by Red Bull and anxiously await the release.. I am not sure if we will have an opportunity here in Vail, but hopeful perhaps Denver. I have Dust to Glory decals on my trucks and camper, but didnt get enough for the race truck. If you are able, please send a couple to PO Box 4443, Eagle CO 81631

Thanks!
Andy Schifanelli

bufeo

Reaction
dirtsports said:
Greetings to all,

On behalf of Dana, Scott, Mouse, Rich, IFC Films and myself, we all very, very much appreciate the growing fever on the release of D2G... please understand that seeing the film at places like Phoenix and Newport Beach (film festivals) are great for the festival promoters, but these ticket sales DO NOT count as box office and have no effect on the all-important first/second weekend per-screen averages that will help us get the film out nationally by the end of April... .
Marty Fiolka
Dust to Glory

Okay, Marty, then just when IS the opening for Phoenix. According to one comment on another thread at RDC, "The Phoenix opening for Dust to Glory was just moved to Friday, April 8th."

This is not confirmed at the http://www.d2gfilm.com/ web site. Phoenix is still not listed in the "Theater Finder". (I remain puzzled by the wisdom of opening in Santa Cruz, CA, and Santa Fe, NM, ahead of Phoenix unless it has some weird thing to do with "general audience response".) Also, if Harkins Theaters is moving the opening to the 8th, is this just more for the PFF? If so, then I assume (yeah, I know about "assuming") these ticket sales also fall into that 'don't count' category.

I'll still go down for the April 9th showing at the Phoenix Film Festival, but I'll alert all my AZ friends to wait for the "official release", whenever that is. I've also e-mailed a whole hoard of persons around the country with the link to the d2g theater finder and showing dates. (I retained my data base from "The Royal Coachman".)

It's a shame that the number of folks we stuffed into the Arlington Theater on Feb 5 won't count as "box office".

I hope you'll reply to this post here at RDC, but, just in case, I'm duplicating it in e-mails to you at DS and your personal e-mail.

My apologies to all those regulars at RDC. I haven't posted much here and it's beginning to look like I'm a completely obtuse moron. After the "dust" settles, I'll get out of the way.

Allen

jcorsico

Reaction
dirtsports said:
Greetings to all,

On behalf of Dana, Scott, Mouse, Rich, IFC Films and myself, we all very, very much appreciate the growing fever on the release of D2G. As you know by all the new PR that's out there, we are working hard to really maximize the launch of this film.

However, please understand that seeing the film at places like Phoenix and Newport Beach (film festivals) are great for the festival promoters, but these ticket sales DO NOT count as box office and have no effect on the all-important first/second weekend per-screen averages that will help us get the film out nationally by the end of April.

The Malibu Dan / KLSX event is different, that is counted as box office and we hope that all of you make it there, or go with the familiy to a local theater. Go early and often!

Best,

Marty Fiolka
Dust to Glory

Marty -

Can you guys please clarify on the D2G web site specifically which theaters the film is opening in? I'm trying to organize a group to go see the opening here in NYC, but after significant efforts, we cannot figure out which theater it is playing in. The web site says "Union Square", but there have to be 15+ theaters that could call themselves at Union Square. And to get a large group of people together, we need to know we can get advance tickets.

Thanks much,
Jon Corsico

VEGAS VIXEN

Goddess
Reaction
I Am Coming From Vegas To See It In Irvine... On The 9th, Because I Absolutely Can Not Wait Until The 20th To See It Here In Vegas!!! ;) Of Course, Then I Will See It Again, Here. :D Hee Hee. I Am So Excited!!! Would Love To Make It To The Malibu Dan Gig But.. Can't Get Of Work On Short Notice!!! -Dang It!!! :mad:
Like The Motto..

Go Early And Go Often.... You Know It!!!! :D

Have A Great Day!!!

Desert Diva
;)

VEGAS VIXEN

Goddess
Reaction
Oh By The Way... I Just Read Schifanelli's Post... Regarding Stickers.. Hee Hee.. :D

WHAT ABOUT ME??? :)

SOME EXTRA EXPOSURE FOR YOU GUYS HERE IN VEGAS??? ;)

DESERT DIVA