Crusty 8

Greg

Well, I purchased the video at contingence on Fri and finally got home Sun evening to watch it. Most was the same 'ol crap I've seen since #3 but there was some cool desert truck coverage (nothing i havent seen before)and some cool footage from Austin and Ryan that is on The Dirty Ones video, but the worst part was that there was NO credit given to either of these people. Nicholson/ Freeman seemed to acknowledge everyone else, but what about these guys?? I say dont waste your money,if you want a copy you can borrow mine. Or be smart and buy Curtis and Klaus new video when it comes out and support our hobby directly.

Greg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I thought 8 was much better then 7. It wasn't all ghost riding and crap! It had offroad and some cool riding footage. I too did not see the props to Austin.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya I was never contacted by Dana to ask if he could use MY VIDEO clip....I had to find out about it through other people and I talked to him before the video came out but I never heard back from him...

I will be giving him another call....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Yeah Fish, you could seriously take him to court if he doesn't want to pay you, or give you the props you deserve. Not promoting legal action, just pointing out you have the grounds for action.

See ya in the dirt!

Bonzen

That is kinda messed up.....you need to call him. We've talked about this for a while, and you need to do it now man. Oh yeah check out this comment overheard by a "Crusty Croonie" in Ocotillo wells...

Croonie: "hey wanna donate your footage to the new crusty video?"

Me: "I would be stoked to, but I do my own thing, so I need my footage"

Overheard later....

Croonie:" Yeah that Bonzen guy wouldnt give me any of his footage, and I was like yeah dude, good luck trying to make your own video, ha ha..."

Right on guy.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

elcaprerunner

That sucks Austin and Ryan. Any clue as to how they got the clip from you guys?? Did they just take the Dirty Ones video and rip off a couple of shots from there or something?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

havahockey

Flipper
Don't let this turn out like your bedsides when you didn't do anything about it! Sue Sue!

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

mattrick88

yep, that croonie was talking to me when he said that. it was funny how he was implying that if you arent helping him with this new video then you arent nothing and then continued to say how ryan was dumb for making his own movie cause it wont have "the big boys in it" like thiers will or something to that extent. pretty lame.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Don't let it bug you to much... There are a hand full of us making desert racing videos compared to the hundreds of moto videos out there. The way I see it is the more the better. Keep filming and making videos, that's what Klaus and I plan to do. There will never be close to as many desert videos as there are moto ones. We get people asking us all the time after they bought ours if there are any others like it that they can buy....
We have talked to Dana and he seems pretty cool, laid back and loves desert racing. I am sure Scott (PCI) can tell you the same thing since Dana rides with him sometimes. My impression from what you heard is that some of his employees might have a different attitude than him, but I have only talked with him a couple of times. I am sure he has made plenty of money off of the Crusty videos so I don't think he plans to take over the world with his desert racing one. But if he does then more power to him, its not going to stop us from doing what we love.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

From when I talked to Dana he was very cool. He also told me about Fish sending him a bunch of videos. I remember Dana saying that he would pay me for my footage that he used but I never gave mine up. Something like a few hundred bucks per scene or some amount of time. Go to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fleshwoundfilms.com/HomeVideo.asp>http://www.fleshwoundfilms.com/HomeVideo.asp</A> website it has something on their about sending in footage.

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

hbprnstr

Hey Austin, I used to work for flesh gear and all you need to do is call Dana and let him know. Me and my buddy filmed all the Gordan stuff in crusty 6 and got paid. I believe there normal rate is 500 dollars a minute.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Can someone who has his cell # please PM me with it....I got it a while back from him at Primm but I lost it...

Thanks guys.

Go Big Or Go Home

pciscott

PM me for Dana's phone number, I'm sure he will take care of you for any footage he used. I think there is room for all of you to Capitalize on the off-road video market, I know I will buy them all. I also think that videos like Crusty 8 will help bring what offroad racing is to a larger audience. More offroad racing enthusiasts means more demand for good videos. My personal opinion is any video with offroad racing warrants watching and Crusty 8 kept me very entertained. Dana like myself is a busy guy and while I try to take care of everyone who helps me out, sometimes I need a reminder. A phone call usually will do, but if not sue me.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya I know hes busy and thats why I havent made a big deal about it nor do I plan to....i'll just give him a call and see whats up.

Go Big Or Go Home

Bonzen

Yeah thats exactly the way I took it. I dont have any kind of a grudge, i just dont like the "cooler than you attitude" thats all. I firmly believe that the more sic videos that come out the better for everyone, I want this sport/lifestyle whatever you want to call it to get bigger. Theres like 3 or 4 new truck videos comming out this year and I'm gonna buy them all.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

Bonzen

I personally never gave them any footage.....I am sure they didnt copy stuff off my video or anyone elses, thats just wrong and everyone knows not to do that. Alot of stuff just looks similar, because we all shoot in some of the same locations and same trucks and all. But everyone has a different style of shooting and editing, so thats what makes all the videos worthwhile, because they are still different.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com