Cry baby excuses.

Zac Reish

Reaction
BJ Let me co drive for you; the chicks will love you, and the men will want to be you. Dont ask how just Get me in the passenger seat and your life will change. Haha just kidding dude! You're one of the best drivers ever in my opinion that video you recently were in (name slips my mind? Recoil I think) with the chick was the best offroad/desert related video I've ever seen So you got the steering wheel of the truck figured out. I'd say with PR and social media the best advice I can give you is LESS IS MORE! Speak less often people will listen more often. I could definitely take my own advice as well. Facebook, twitter, and it seems now RDC really does nothing but harm to a lot of professionals unless you have your own PR person. PM me some driving tips so I can smoke all the dudes in 5 and 12 or I'd love to go for a ride one of these days in a TT with one of the best so if thats ever going on let me know. Figured I'd throw it out there LOL!

deano

McDeano
Reaction
Well a lot of people have given some pretty good advise. There is a lot more wisdom on RDC than I had anticipated. I appreciate everyones help. In real life I'm not the bad guy people make me out to be. I would like to represent the sport in a good light to the best of my ability and I belive I do that in reality but for some reason that gets lost in social media. I'll have to make some adjustments I guess. I'm doing the best I can. I've been on RDC all... day... long... being beat up and recieving constructive criticizm so you can see I have already made a serious commetment to it. I never went to school for PR stuff so I appreciate everyones posts and real life words of wisdom.

See, that was easy huh -- A wise man once told me 'You must be sharper of mind than of tongue' .... young grasshopper ......

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
How about Homie?

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
This thread should have been titled "IAMA BJ Ballistic Baldwin, Multiple times Trophy Truck champion."

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Geez guys..... And we all wonder why more TT guys don't come here, and why I most never come here anymore, too much BS....... Question, noticed BJ has like 64 ?? which I would guess most of them in this thread .....

Offspring

Reaction
Geez guys..... And we all wonder why more TT guys don't come here, and why I most never come here anymore, too much BS....... Question, noticed BJ has like 64 ?? which I would guess most of them in this thread .....

Urban myth.

JPBart

Reaction
http://thedigitalroyalty.com/2009/social-media-training/
http://socialmediacoachforathletes.com/

Lots of people in the industry who can help you figure out the best way to get your point out there. It's often not about what you are saying but HOW you are saying it that throws people off.

Services range from 45 minute online course to having a trainer come to your office for a couple days and even monitoring services. Not a huge time investment. You might be the nicest guy in the world but a lot of what I read today didn't come across that way. If that is how you want to be perceived, well done. If not you might want to adjust HOW you deliver your message.

blue dog

Reaction
Hello my friends,

My question is are you as fans interested in hearing about the race? Are you interested in hearing about the challenges we had throughout the race? Should I just say that I had a flawless day regardless of what mechanical issues, competitive issues, or personal driving issues we may have had or should I continue to inform fans in detail about the events surrounding my success and or failure?

Just looking for some feedback. Thanks everyone.

-BJ.

Keep on being BJ, do not change your persona for the trolling masses. Do not apologize for being fortunate, you live a life that the haters envy, hence the hate. I would like to see the big dogs release post race release here on the RDC, [ Not just on social media sites for 13 year old girls ] give cliff notes of the lead up to the race, prerunning , and race cliff notes, the good and the bad. Make it a ritual after every race.
In the 500 you passed me at 262 { el coyote **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** you were exactly 21 seconds behind RG, Rg was was driving like a mad man, you were fluid and i had hopes you would run him down.
I would have liked to have seen Juan Carlos Lopez on your driver list above. I feel he is underrated.
Was the burro on the race course in front of RG on the monster payroll ???

Lastly, when can we see pics and specs of LOKI { i think is her name **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** the Blazer prerunner ??? Please

Keep on being BJ, your a great wheel man, keep the rubber side down.
cheers.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
BJ, Humility, you've taken the first step by posting here where your peers of all forms can respond. Kudos to you.

bighad

Reaction
I think your a lucky man..my boy idols you..you live a life most never do. Your a good driver..you have a blessed life..with the trucks..the girl..the kids..the dog..thats all that matters..people like to talk smack because they are insecure..or lack common decency BJ...the "public sector' always has an angle or a bs way to divert the truth..i know it..have lived it a long time now...its never fun....but you do what you do..people like me admire who you are..your welcome any day in my home..shiate..Jakob to this day..his whole life will love the photos you sent him..your an idol worthy to worship in his eyes..as for us as a family..we thank you for the decency you have exhibited..so cool you helped Cheyenne as much as you have....as for me..you bet your ass..I'll stop my car..get out..and help an old woman across the street as the selfcenterd world buzzes by not giving a shiate..its not their grandma....but we all will get old..this self fulfilling world..ugh..self centered self deserving group of people..it is modern day society.....sad....but true..just be you..I don't recall ever saying your a crybaby..nor anyone else..your a blessed man..live life to the fullest....

Wendell #527

Reaction
I like hearing what happened. BJ lots of us are fans, but we race, too, some guys like me in limited classes with meager budgets. It is fun to hear what went wrong. Usually we can relate because we all have similar problems in this destructive, highly addictive sport. It isn't whining to me.

Short Bus

Reaction
I'm conflicted. I never had a negative opinion of you and think you are a top notch driver. I also admit I wouldn't call myself a "fan" either. I don't have a negative opinion, just no opinion. From what I have heard and read from you here, you come off as a likeable guy when it comes to one-on-one interaction. Asking for advice is a humble act, if it is genuine.
The conflicted part is there seems to some kind of racer kayfabe going on. The race talk seems kind of over the top and maybe a bit theatrical. There is nothing wrong with explaining your race and being a showman, but I think one thing that would improve your image a lot would be to recognize the other racers other racers at least a little. You may have lost because of a $2 part but it would go a long way to say RG had a great race and kept his stuff together which is a big part of off road racing.

Bink Designs

Reaction
I don't think people want it to always be driver error, I think they just want to hear you say "Driver X ran a great race and was really dialed in, I'll try to get the win next time" as apposed to "I had a failure with part X and it cost me the race".

Post race interviews should not be about what went wrong but about what went right and giving credit where it is due. If you want to "tell the story" of your race (mishaps or not) then write up a post-race recap that tells the whole story and post it up either here, or on your FB or wherever you want. It's actually pretty common for racers to do so and it contains all the information the fans want. If you tell the whole story (good and bad) then you can't really be called a whiner. Also, never refer to how popular you are or refer to yourself as a "big deal" anywhere. It never looks good, it just makes you look arrogant.

Usually these are posted on the front page under press releases during the week sometime after the race.

JoeyD23

Reaction
It was definitely Matt. And loosing first gear happened before all that but we were having consistent trasmission issues that we didn't have a solution for. 2nd and 3rd were fine. The beach doesn't hurt it refardless of what silly people say. If you as me people that think sand is hard on a race truck are very stupid. 230 miles of the 250 mile San Felipe race was sand. But yes it was Matt. Turned out to be a much cooler video than I thought. They always do a kick ass job.

Fun times that day. The only thing that was disrespectful that day was when you jacked my golf kart, disappeared for an hour, then buzzed on by with 2 chica's you picked up somewhere along the way!! lol #mattsfault

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
Man... we defenetly want to hear it from the actual riders..

And I'm sure if you had PP as co driver u would have won for sure.... LOL

NIKAL

Reaction
What a F'ing Joke!! Over 250 posts, 17,000 views!

We are about to lose Ocotillo Wells and yet very dip S#!t on RDC has to post on here and tell BJ what a A-hole he is or how great he is.

It continues to amaze me how disconnected the racing world & RDC is from the real issues we face.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
I'm still trying to understand why you had a two dollar bolt on your truck and not a aircraft bolt

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
Fun times that day. The only thing that was disrespectful that day was when you jacked my golf kart, disappeared for an hour, then buzzed on by with 2 chica's you picked up somewhere along the way!! lol #mattsfault

Ahh the famous BJ blows a tyranny on the beach run. Got to say the chica on the right in the last pict is one ugly chick. Fun internet fodder.