CST S-10 Kit Photos

Kartek_Webman

Does anyone have photos of the S-10 long travel kit from CST on their truck? We've been selling a lot of them and no one ever sends me photos after they put it on.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kartek.com>KARTEK</A>
<font color=red>The Source for Off-Road!</font color=red>

jeff

Scott-

If you'd ever return your damn phone calls... e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back some S-10 LT photos.

Aloha

michael_loomis

want some pics of some GNARLY frame cracks after running a CST kit for 3 years ? i dont even know if there fixable my frame is literally ripping itself apart . i dont even due any serious prerunning or "crusty" jumping , just a few trips to glamis , lots of chasing , and the normal " pavement pounding " .

Kartek_Webman

Sure, lets see those pics. What exactly were you doing before it started cracking? Where did it start cracking? If you let us know, we can work backwards, tell CST how to fix it and fix the problem for the next guy. When there's issues with a product that we sell, we want to know so we can correct it.

Jeff I'll call you Monday.

Scott

SDranger

It may not be a cst promlem, ive seen this happen to many a-arm rangers with fabtech kits, camburg kits, and others, ive even seen it on a stock truck before
Cracks?
:

I would suggest doing a gusset like this guy did:

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
im pretty sure the guys at cst know about the problem. i have always heard thet it isnt a race truck so dont pretend it is. basically I failed spelling happens. i dunno though i have slight cracking but its going bye bye soon enough so i dont really care. Also, how bout how the fram begins to fold inwards. theengine actually begins to sag lowere and lower. I was told its cause of the design of the s10 frame but the bump stop n the lower arm hit the frame at a point where it seems weak and cause this problem i thin. but then again im no expert thats just what i think. I have pictures if you want some or email me back and we will take some, somewhere.

Gregg

Kartek_Webman

It seems to me that truck companies just keep cutting corners to make the trucks lighter and get better fuel economy. I'll bet if you mic the material the frame is made of it less than 1/16". You would think they would make it thicker for safety but now I know why trucks get totaled in fender benders. It's frickin stupid and I wish trucks were built for what we drive them for but I'm dreaming. Who knows, we might not be able to buy trucks in couple years, in California anyway.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
That's why it's good to build older trucks to be prerunners not to mention the cost savings! Bigger, beefier, and less garbage. New trucks are built with the majority in mind and the majority want something that will fold when it crashes...when the truck folds, all that energy absorbed is saving your life! Vehicle frames are designed for "infinite life", but when you load it out of it's design range it lowers the life...a long travel on a stock frame lowers the life drasticly and then when you run it off road, even on a bad graded road, it makes it even worse and then will eventually fail all together.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."