Culver City Police Officer Curt Massey Memorial Shoot

kim

Rescue 3
Sergeant Curt Massey a 17 year member of CCPD was tragically killed on the morning of January 28, 2009 when the vehicle he was driving was struck by a wrong way driver on the 405 freeway.

Officer Massey leaves behind a wife and three young children, ages 3,8 & 10. There will be a memorial shoot for Officer Massey on Sunday, July 19th at the Angeles Shooting Range on Little Tujunga Canyon in Lakeview Terrace.

There will be lots of prizes and drawings. Many sponsors and donors have come together to help in honoring this dedicated member of CCPD. All proceeds will go to his wife and children.

On a personal note: Curt was a very dear friend to Ken and I and our kids. He was very involved with our local schools and dedicated his career to youth and juvenile division programs. Curt was a Medal of Valor recipient and very well respected by his colleagues.

I am attaching a flyer for the shoot. If any of you are looking for a worthwhile way to spend your Sunday I encourage you to come spend the day with us. Whether you bring a gun or not, there will be fun for all.

For more information please click here http://www.masseyshoot.org/

Attachments

Last edited:

TCRAFT

I am in the same field come on guys donate or show up you have no idea how much just 10 bucks helps his family.....

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
I am in the same field come on guys donate or show up you have no idea how much just 10 bucks helps his family.....
Me too! Definately a good cause...

PBR

my family already made a donation and it really hit home for us because it happened in our city. one of my very good friends is ccpd and i know many other of cc's finest, they are some of the best in the business and we as residents really appreciate all their hard work and dedication.

godspeed.

kim

Rescue 3
I wanted to let everyone know that yesterdays Memorial Shoot for fallen CCPD Officer Curt Massey was a huge success. There were 175 shooters with many purchasing multiple entries. Lots of great items were donated for a day long raffle as well as 10 firearms that were raffled.

The most touching moment is when Curt's to older children were led out on the range and they had their chance to shoot too. Curt's brother along with a couple of fellow Alameda County Sheriff Deputies were there too.

CCPD is considering making this an annual event for the CCPOA widow's and orphan fund.

Also because of the success of this event it is just one more idea to put in my list of many fundraising ideas whether it be for injured/fallen warriors, desert racers etc.

In the meantime, let's hope we don't need a fundraiser anytime soon.

Everyone be well,

Kim

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Damnit, missed this thread and coulda/woulda gone.....

Brock_Beeson

this really bums me out. i lost my best friend to gang fire.. Officer Dan Bessant Oceanside PD E.O.W 12/20/2006