Currency exchange for Mexico

Mark Newhan

Reaction
What is the current cost of diesel and Magna?

Honda48X

Reaction
I use Bank of America but you have to get at least $1000 otherwise they charge about nine bucks for processing

AZ7000'

Reaction
ATM's in baja work pretty good and as good an exchange rate as you can get.

JaysinDesignz

Reaction
Yep, just use any BANK atm in Baja & you are fine. You get the exact rate and 17-30 peso fee.

Dont use HSBC they lower the rate.

Banamex or Santander are the best ATM's to use.

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
I've been a BofA customer for many years. Up until several years ago, I got pesos from BofA -- it's very convenient. BUT I finally looked at rates and they are 2-3 points below the official exchange rate. PLUS, BofA tacked on a service charge. Button line, a very bad deal if you want a decent exchange rate.

Ilovebaja

Reaction
atm is good in mex you get a better exchange rate than the booths at the border rate is around 18.35 to 19 either way you are good. just be cautious is you use an atm in mexico and someone offers to help refuse and always hit cancel at the end of your transaction either here in the states or mexico

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
The Costco in Chula Vista has an exchange booth. They always have good rates and I feel safe making transactions there.

LH-W2R

Reaction
What is the current cost of diesel and Magna?
Diesel is just under US$3.50/gal. Magna is a few pennies less, Premium is a few pennies more. I'm budgeting at $3.50, and might have enough left over for a pack of mints........

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
just go to an atm, those most of the time have the best rates.. just make sure you go to a bank and not one of those cheap gas station ones

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I've been a BofA customer for many years. Up until several years ago, I got pesos from BofA -- it's very convenient. BUT I finally looked at rates and they are 2-3 points below the official exchange rate. PLUS, BofA tacked on a service charge. Button line, a very bad deal if you want a decent exchange rate.
The last I knew Santander and B of A we’re tied together and you can use Santander atm’s free.
Typically the best exchange rates are from the joints at the border, competition creates good exchange prices for customers.

Zambo

Reaction
Banks like Wells Fargo don't charge a fee but they don't give you the actual exchange rate either. You are definitely paying for the convenience. I do it anyway because I need more than a few hundred bucks total and I don't feel like hitting the ATM several times along the way especially since you can go a long way between ATMS in parts of Baja.