Currie Visit

John Bitting

Administrator
I had the pleasure of getting a personal tour of the Currie Enterprises building today in Anaheim. That place is huge. I was very impressed, pretty amazing operation. Thank you John Currie for the tour.

motoxscott

Too bad they didnt have a good solution for swapping out a Ford 8.8 with speed sensor for one of their 9"'s when I called them the other day.

You gonna throw some pics up? I'm curious what the place looks like.

jeff

Adding the necessary tone ring and sensor to the 9" isn't that hard. I remember calling Currie a couple years ago asking the same question and was amazed when they just flat out said NO. It seems like one of those easy decisions... if customers keep asking for it there might be a market for it. I'd like to know their reasoning for not offering it as an option. I asked and why they don't offer it as an option and again they just said NO.

Aloha

CRAIG_HALL

What all does the speed sensor do? Isn't it just for the rear anti-lock?,what else does the computer need it for? I've got a new 9" I'm hopefully going to be swapping in soon just curious if check engine light is gonna stay on or just brake/anti-lock light. If I remember correctly jim (performance differential)
said he could put a toner on the ring gear and drill the hole for the sensor.

jeff

Yes, retro-fitting the 9" with the 8.8 sensor is not difficult. The computer needs the information and if you have the $$$ spend it to have your 9" modified to run the sensor.

Aloha

motoxscott

Jeff, I might be going with a manual C6, if I swap in a 9" and dont connect the speed sensor what will my problems be? No anti-lock brakes (big deal), speedo doesnt work ?

Does the fuel injection and/or ignition ever look at speed to calculate anything ??

-Scott

Sites

I believe that if you tell Art Carr what kind of transmission you have, they can give you an adapter so your speedo will work with a C6.

94' Lightning Prerunner (in-progress)

Greg

Has anyone tried to put the ring on the driveshaft but make a new ring with the proper spacing? Once you know what ratio your gonna run you could make it and possibly mount it on the transmission output shaft, outta harms way. Just a thought.

Greg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Jim is king of rearends...take it to him and you cant go wrong.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"