Curtis Guise Project Vehicle - Toyota T100

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Re: Front hubs are cracked and will be upgraded

You have to remember that they are not cracked in the center, only at the thinnest point, and you would have to pull a stud through a lot of material before they would come apart. I've seen a ton of miles put on cracked hubs like that with no damage - but I would replace them too.

Yeah it scared me at first but after thinking about it I think I would have to drive it super hard to actually break them. Either way it's still time to update to better hubs. I have all of the parts now I just need some time to do swap it all out. I have a new set of Wilwood 6 piston calipers and 13" rotors I am upgrading to also. The back was upgraded when I put the new rear end in it over a year ago.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Wow, 9 years since I updated this thread. And Ramsey was the last person I replied to. RIP.

Here's a shot that Nicole from Total Chaos Fabrication took during a Mojave Trail trip in 2013.
curtis-guise-toyota-t100-mojave-trail-lakebed.jpg

Here's a couple shots our friend Tom Kimmel shot during a Locos Mocos trip for the 2016 Baja 1000.
curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2016-baja-1000-tom-kimmel-photo-1.jpg

curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2016-baja-1000-tom-kimmel-photo-2.jpg

And a couple more shots by Nicole from Total Chaos Fabrication during the 2017 San Felipe 250. Compadre trail and Diablo lakebed.
2017-compadretrail-curtis-guise-toyota-t100.jpg

2017-diablodrylake-curtis-guise-toyota-t100.jpg

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
The LS2 I had from Turnkey sat in my garage for many years. It never made it's way into the T100 because of time, money, etc... So I ended up selling it to Gabe Lara over 5 years ago and used the money to buy much needed computer and video equipment at the time. Gabe has been rebuilding his Ranger for many years and it's looking amazing. Not sure if any of you follow him on Instagram but he posts updates occasionally. Can't wait to see it finished and feature it here on RDC.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
In 2017 I planned on taking the T100 to the Baja 1000 for the peninsula run with our Locos Mocos crew. The front suspension had been noisy for awhile and after some inspection I discovered the lower a-arm mounting tabs/holes were beaten out from the lack of maintenance and the bushing sleeves seizing to the delrin bushings. It was past time for a full front end prep so I replaced all of the bushings, uniballs in the upper arms, spindles and steering.

Also not to long before this I replaced the GM steering box with a new one from PSC. And replaced the stock Toyota steering pump with a TC pump kit from Trailgear. The original steering box was one of Mark Newhan's spares from his Chevy prerunner that he used when he built my front suspension. After years of abuse it finally needed replacement.

curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8254.JPGcurtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8255.JPGcurtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8310.JPG
curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8327.JPG

Instead of making new delrin bushings for the lower arms I picked up some poly bushings from ORW. If I remember right they are the harder Jimco rear arm bushings and I had to modify the length and shoulder width to make them work. The lower uniballs in the spindles took some heat and about 12 tons on the press to get them out.

curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8337.JPG

Fresh coat of Steel-It on the steering arms.

curtis-guise-toyota-t100-2017-IMG_8341.JPG