Custom Aluminum Dash

DANKFAB

Reaction
Where can I get a decent aluminum dash made, nothing too fancy, I have a simple design in mind, just something for the radio, switches, 10 inch sub, and be a reasonable price. I made a sheet metal prototype with 16 gauge metal, but its too thick to allow dzus pins thru, plus its hard to cut without a plasma!! Thanks

Brandon

Smile and the world smiles with you.
Fart, and you'll stand alone.

Attachments

• 24-52223-Febs10.JPG
    24-52223-Febs10.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 793

In_the_works

Reaction
I would figure you would want your rear differential to be the limiting factor on ground clearance.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

tedmales

Reaction
you didn't work on an s-10 pictured on this site? looks wide!

life is too short to be small

singlehanded

Reaction
I expected to see your dash in the picture not your truck got any shots of it might help who people recommend.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

DANKFAB

Reaction
I know I know, THOSE trailing arms were gone before the truck even saw dirt, so I now have boxed flat bottom trailing arms which added 6 or 7 inches of clearance. I have driven offroad a bit(not legally) and I am very satisfied with the results, I just need to mount my King bumpstops in front. So now back to the dash, I don't have pics of the interior or the dash I prototyped, so does anyone know what fab shops do this for reasonable prices? I need them to be near Orange County or Northern SD county. Any help is appreciated

Smile and the world smiles with you.
Fart, and you'll stand alone.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
John Baker of Baker Motorsports does nice aluminum work. He is in Costa Mesa.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.Bakermotorsports.net>www.Bakermotorsports.net</A>

DANKFAB

Reaction
That's it!! Only one person knows where to have aluminum sheetmetal work done? I find that hard to believe. Come on guys with any connection to a race vehicle, must know where at least 1 shop is. Help me out.

"Carpe Diem" Sieze The Day!

1992f150

Reaction
look in the phone book under sheet metal. Making a dash isnt rocket science any place could do it.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

deleted

----
Reaction
Maybe if you smash enough beer cans you might be able to make a really nice dash?

Check the Race Dez Links page, there are plenty of fab shops in LA that can do it.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports
My Truck Jumps So Sick

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i heard there is a guy in ramona that does stock car aluminium work. Call baja concepts and ask Justin about his friend marks old boss in ramona. Or maybe justin can get you in contact with mark. or maybe J.C. Andrews knows the dude since he lives in Ramona. might PM hi m his usuername is JCA. hope that helps

Gregg

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
If you want some sick panel work down south, contact Jeff Davis, he did some work on a buddy of mine, Nick Griner's Sand Car, NICE work. I don't have the number but I could get it

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

martininsocal

Reaction
You know, the theory is that any aluminum shop can do easy work. Now, you are worried about price, thats the real kicker...quality cheap! There are plenty of shops that can make you a dash, but what is it worth to you vs. the fact that something like that is going to be time and materials, period. You may be better off using the cash to buy some tools and doing it yourself. A lot of satisfaction and if you can bend metal, you can bent aluminum. Good luck.

If your gonna go, go BIG

hoeker

Reaction
lesson # 1 RDC has some of the most inteligent off road racers and enthusiasts in the country.
lesson # 2 RDC has a some of the most inteligent off road racers and enthusiasts in the country, and they love to go to the dez on weekends, so don't be in a hurry if you post on weekends.
lesson # 3 leave the dumbass coments at home.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

NicksTrix

Reaction
you interested in something along these lines? i just finished this for a guy whos building a comp rock crawler. it doesn't have alot of sytems so the electronics where fairly basic.

Attachments

• 24-52357-Dsc00077.jpg
    24-52357-Dsc00077.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 432

ntsqd

Reaction
Lesson # 4: If you aren't civil and can't ask questions with respect, you expect that no one will answer you.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Call Danny at Streamline fab in Costa Mesa - (949) 285 2267. He does bitchin aluminum work! Steve