Custom camshaft for restrictor plate SBC?

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
Does anybody have any suggestions for where I can get a good custom ground camshaft for a 350 SBC running a restrictor plate and a 2-barrel?

I am building a short course Sportsman Stock ’99 Chevy Truck for the CORR Lucas Oil Series and would like to run something other than an off the shelf “Comp” or “Crower” camshaft. I need to find a cam grinder that has experience with restrictor plate engines that I can actually talk too. When I call Comp, their technicians are looking at a computer screen and picking cams from a menu, not what I’m after.

In our class we have to run a 2-barrel with a restrictor plate, on a 4150 lb. truck with an automatic trans, so I know the cam is key to everything. Does anybody on this board have any experience with plate motors?

Thanks in advance for the help.

<font color=orange>”I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”</font color=orange>

#817 CORR Stock

Bill Schmitt

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Schnider racing cams in San Diego. They've been doing cams for restictor plate roundy-round cars for about thirty years. Sounds like a bommer stock kinda cam.

Donovan

Reaction
The best cam grinder I have found is Elgin Cams. www.elgincams.com They helped us out more than any other company out there and I have tried them all. Talk to John and give him every bit of info you can and Cylinder head flow numbers if you have them.

Donovan

Ryno

Reaction
I'd go to Schneider first...if they don't work..go to Crower. They are in San Diego (Chula Vista), and their customer service is great. I'm a big fan of theirs because they have never done me (or friends) wrong.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
Sounds good, now how do I get ahold of Schneider? Do they have a website? Anybody have a phone # for them?

<font color=orange>”I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”</font color=orange>

#817 CORR Stock

Bill Schmitt

bajaruner11

Reaction
Billy_the_Kid just go to www.schneidercams.com. Ask for Jerry when you call, he's a great guy. My personal preference is Engle cams, I've found a little more HP there. You can give them a try to at www.englecams.com you'll talk to either mark or doug. Either way you can't loose both company's make a great product!