Custom patches???

450grl

Reaction
Not sure where this should go...but is anyone using any companies to make custom patches for their company that can be sewn onto a race suit? Anyone got any recommendations for a company who is inexpensive, decent turnaround, and you don't have to order 500 at one time? Thanks!!

Boston Mangler

Reaction
but is anyone using any companies to make custom patches for their company that can be sewn onto a race suit? !!

Good question, i had the same one.

I would like to put my name, blood type and emergency contact info on a patch, but i am guessing that you cant sew into a fire suit? Is this correct?

Do they make patch that iron on?

Thanks

450grl

Reaction
Umm...I know I have seen iron on patches.....but I didn't think you could iron onto a firesuit? That gives me another question, then.....how DO you attach patches to your firesuit? :confused:

King Dan

Reaction
try justprintit.org send an email on the "contacts" deal - the guys name is gary let him know i sent you

Captain Racer

Reaction
We (Reid's Embroidery) do patches, hat, shirts, jackets, anything you want personalized. We are also involved in the sport. We have no minimum order, no set up fee and our fee goes by stitch count. Feel free to call with any questions. We have quick turn around. Our number is (858)292-0857 or email nikianddonnie@yahoo.com.

450grl

Reaction
I was looking at patches because in the past the embroidery work we have had done was outrageously expensive (on pit shirts)......I agree - looks alot better, but I'm still very much on a budget and just trying to find alternatives I can afford while still trying to show my sponsors some luv.....;)

Thanks for the info everyone - I'll be checking out these places!! :)

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Just a thought, I have used the local sporting goods, almost all of the soccer/football sporting goods will emb. what ever you want for cheap!

450grl

Reaction
Hmmmm......I can check into that as well....

true offroad racing

Reaction
Not sure where this should go...but is anyone using any companies to make custom patches for their company that can be sewn onto a race suit? Anyone got any recommendations for a company who is inexpensive, decent turnaround, and you don't have to order 500 at one time? Thanks!!

Go to zltmxid.com. They can do exactly what you are looking for and not have to make 500 of them. Check the links below. We have used them for some of our motocross stuff.

http://www.zltmxid.com/product91.html
http://www.zltmxid.com/media/products/trborrpatch-lg

Raggededge_Nicole

Reaction
Corry Shoot me an email.. and tell me what you want.. I will give you a quote.. I used to be a racer so I know what a budget is.. and I try my best to work with everyone..

Boston Mangler

Reaction
Anyone know the rules whether they have to be ironed or sewn onto a firesuit?

Also, what do you recommend be on the patch for info: Name, Bloodtype, Allergy info, anything else?

Thanks

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
I don't think it has to do with RULES, but rather manufacturere safety guidelines.

The Sparco suit I just got came with a book that has a section about this.

NO IRON ON - Ironing a fire suit will damage it's fire resistance.

Sewn on patchs must be sewn on with fire retardant thread, and the back of the patch SHOULD also be fire retardant. Futhermore, it is only to be sewn into the outer most layer of the suit.

In my opinion, totally NOT worth it. Make some t-shirts for crew to wear, leave the fire suit alone. It's life support / saftey equipment.... don't mess with it. Since I have a black suit, I got a RAD reflective orange safety vest for when out of the car at night. I think I might make it like a boyscout vest and put the necessary logos on it instead.

(I'm just a rookie though, what the hell do I know?) :)

Boston Mangler

Reaction
Make some t-shirts for crew to wear, leave the fire suit alone. It's life support / saftey equipment.... don't mess with it.

I was thinking more for ME (and the other drivers) so if an accident occurs our names, bloodtypes and allergies are right the on our chest.