Custom Radiator Request - Getting the runaround from CBR

duneridercr250

RDC Crypto
I sent in my drawing in January and again in February. No email response, but when I call, they say we'll get it to you tomorrow. Nothing has ever been sent. I see their stuff everywhere, but confused on how anyone gets radiators from them.

06Chevy4x4LT

RDC Crypto
I bought a custom CBR rad sometime last year though a shop up here in Canada. Really wish I hadn't.. I put less than 200 kilometers on it (mostly highway, some city) before it developed a noticeable leak, and it got much worse very quickly.

So, that cost me another 3 or 400 bucks to rent a trailer and deliver my rig back to the shop who I ordered the rad through (and who installed it). It'll also cost the same to pick it up if a new rad ever shows up. Plus I'm on the hook for labor apparently. By the time all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if I could've paid for the rad twice. Not to mention the down time.. the entire year could be a total right off.

Now I wait.. Was told 2 weeks on June 11th and not a single update since. I'm not pleased.. (to put it lightly) 😒

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-185114_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-185114_Messenger.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

duneridercr250

RDC Crypto
I bought a custom CBR rad sometime last year though a shop up here in Canada. Really wish I hadn't.. I put less than 200 kilometers on it (mostly highway, some city) before it developed a noticeable leak, and it got much worse very quickly.

So, that cost me another 3 or 400 bucks to rent a trailer and deliver my rig back to the shop who I ordered the rad through (and who installed it). It'll also cost the same to pick it up if a new rad ever shows up. Plus I'm on the hook for labor apparently. By the time all is said and done I wouldn't be surprised if I could've paid for the rad twice. Not to mention the down time.. the entire year could be a total right off.

Now I wait.. Was told 2 weeks on June 11th and not a single update since. I'm not pleased.. (to put it lightly) 😒

That's very frustrating, sorry about your situation.

Bravo

RDC Crypto
You might try Mattson's radiator in Stanton - we use them for all of our custom hotrod radiators. great attention to detail and quality.

RDC247

RDC Crypto
Are you mounting your radiators on rubber isolaters or mounting them solid?

I too will be needing a radiator that isn't "off the shelf" but I did find this which should get me pretty close...

But I've heard a lot of people saying their aluminum radiators are failing so I asked our local radiator guy if I could reinforce it with epoxy and he said it shouldn't present any problems and wouldn't hurt a thing.