Custom toyhauler loan questions

usmcgunrock

Reaction
So I was looking at getting a loan for a custom built toyhauler. Well the bank said they could not fund it due to not being able to look up the value of the trailer. Does anyone know of how to get this done?

Background info is that it is a gooseneck with living quarters and is being bought from a private party.

Reaction
Maybe one of these:

NADA Used RV Travel Trailers - Provides recreation vehicle travel trailers consumer pricing from 1975 to 2009.

Kelley Travel Trailers Blue Book - Although not currently available on their site, Kelley does provide price guides that are available by annual subscription or single copy through their Customer Service Department at 1-800-BLUE-BOOK. A subscription isn't really necessary as the publications can often be found at libraries or credit unions.

As mentioned earlier, blue book values are a good macro look at pricing but in real time there can be large variations from region to region. Because of this, you'll want to hit the sites that list travel trailers for sale from across the country. Typically these are classified sites. This is where pricing rubber meets the road, so to speak. You'll be able to monitor these resources for great deals if you are a buyer. If you are a seller, closely watch the ads to see what combination of wording, pictures and details get the fastest sales and best prices.

My RV Link Travel Trailer Search
You can see what's available by browsing by state or manufacturer at this site.

RV Trader New And Used Travel Trailer RVs
This is a fantastic resource simply because of the number of listings they have. The site is easy to navigate to get sales listings from your area.

RV Online
You can easily browse listings by price, size or location.

Motor Homes On Sale
Good use of photos along with standard information.

RV Classifieds
Very nice classifieds site with many listings.

TravelTrailers.net
Browsing by manufacturer is focus of this site.

Wheel by Net
Strange name for the site but has a load of trailers listed. Good resource.

Camping World
Search by year, manufacturer, price, location, model and stock number.

UsedMotorHome.com
Check out the "Motivated to Sell" list if you are a buyer. It's a daily update of sellers who need to make a sale right away.

RV Registry Travel Trailers
Includes detailed information and pictures.

Craig's List
You can find anything and everthing for sale on Craig's List, including travel trailers. This is a fantastic way to monitor pricing in your area.

RVs.com Travel Trailers for Sale
Features of RVs.com include new and used inventory and areas for private owners to sell trailers, obtain financing and insurance and purchase trailers.

RVT
Detailed search options will help you match pricing to what you seek or offer.

RV2Buy.com
After a sale is completed, listings remain on the site for a while with a "SOLD" notation. This is good for compiling price trends information. And it makes it easier to see what type of ad copy and photos were used for completed sales.

Used RVs for Sale.com
Lists used travel trailers for sale from light weight trailers to those with slides to luxury trailers.

eBay Travel Trailers for Sale
In addition to a zillion listings ebay provides the option to view completed sales. That is very helpful.

racer56

Reaction
A copy of the original manufacturers invoice should be acceptable. If the bank won't accept that, you will need to get a certified appraisal.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
I am still working with the bank. I think because it is a smaller company that built it makes it hard also. The trailer I am talking about is in the classifieds on here. Has anyone heard of Trail Boss trailers out of Phoenix, AZ?