• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cyril Despres at Baja 500

l.e. shank

From RDC Desert Racing Forum

Since his fellow Red Bull athlete Bryce Menzies is on the mend, Cyril is going to drive his Trophy Truck at the Baja 500. This is one of those cool "how would a rally raid driver do in a TT?" sort of scenarios that we actually get to see play out in real life, and I for one am pretty excited about it.

For those who aren't familiar with the Frenchie, he has won the Dakar Rally five times on a bike. The last four years he has been part of the Peugeot juggernaut and finished third in a car in 2017. The dude is smart and fast and while I don't expect him to with the Baja 500, I think that he will do very well. For reference, Bean came in 9th place at the San Felipe 250 behind the wheel of Menzie's Trophy Truck. Do you think that Depres can best that finish?

randy s

sure he can..he's a world class desert racing badass and he'll figure it out ..especially if he gets to prerun and gets some seat time..is pete the co-driver or ? he'll be fun to follow

spalind

sure he can..he's a world class desert racing badass and he'll figure it out ..especially if he gets to prerun and gets some seat time..is pete the co-driver or ? he'll be fun to follow
Thought I saw on the entry list that Pete is codriving for someone else?? Rob Mac?

spalind

I think Pete has left Menzies Racing. Bean is no slouch and grew up as a big part of the Desert Assassins and has tons of skills. Don’t ever count out Mr. Bean.
Wow....if true I'm a bit shocked...thought Pete and Bryce went hand in hand...