• Forum membership has its advantages....

D44 TTB 5 Lug to 6 Lug

flaunt

So basically I'm gonna be running some bronco D44 TTB beams on my tacoma and I want to retain the 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern. I read a bunch of threads on here, pirate, DR, and some bronco sites. Still a little hazy on the subject. I know a chevy snout and hub just not sure what years i should be looking for at a junk yard or what rotor since from what I read the chevy snout pushes the hub outward.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Zambo

IMG_0080.JPG
I used the whole Chevy setup on my 6 lug including the brake caliper mounting bracket. I had to cut off the Ford brake brackets and get some longer studs to hold the snout on to the knuckle. That way I used the Chevy hub, snout, brake rotor and brakes on a TTB knuckle.

philofab

Powered by Optima
80s (80-88 & some 89-92) 1/2 ton 4wd Chevy/GMC trucks/blazers/subaurbans have the parts needed, look for a straight axle. You need the hub, snout, caliper, bearings, caliper mount (bolts on), and outer stub axle (if retaining 4wd).

All of this needs to be used with a TTB knuckle that has a 6 bolt flange. You will need the Chevy knuckle studs or buy longer ones like Zambo did.

flaunt

I used the whole Chevy setup on my 6 lug including the brake caliper mounting bracket. I had to cut off the Ford brake brackets and get some longer studs to hold the snout on to the knuckle. That way I used the Chevy hub, snout, brake rotor and brakes on a TTB knuckle.
80s (80-88 & some 89-92) 1/2 ton 4wd Chevy/GMC trucks/blazers/subaurbans have the parts needed, look for a straight axle. You need the hub, snout, caliper, bearings, caliper mount (bolts on), and outer stub axle (if retaining 4wd).

All of this needs to be used with a TTB knuckle that has a 6 bolt flange. You will need the Chevy knuckle studs or buy longer ones like Zambo did.
By chance know the size of the knuckle studs and the wheel studs? I got all the big bearing parts, only thing that confused me a bit was it was supposed to be small bearing stuff being that we were pulling it off a 73' pickup but after we pulled the rotor we found someone had swapped to the big bearing set up. I got all the parts as well as the stub axles. Only problem is that the wheel studs are too short. I don't have any time during the week to get down to the shop to check sizing and would like to order em this week so I can move the truck this weekend into my new place.

Thanks for your guys help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo

Not sure. I bought 5/8 studs and drilled it all out to fit.

Zambo

Do you mean the studs that hold the snout on? If that's what you're asking I used the Chevy ones. Yep the ford ones are too short because they didn't have the caliper bracket. Not sure the part number but I got everything from border parts. Call them they'll know.

flaunt

Do you mean the studs that hold the snout on? If that's what you're asking I used the Chevy ones. Yep the ford ones are too short because they didn't have the caliper bracket. Not sure the part number but I got everything from border parts. Call them they'll know.
Perfect! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alwaysneedsmoney

View attachment 139538 I used the whole Chevy setup on my 6 lug including the brake caliper mounting bracket. I had to cut off the Ford brake brackets and get some longer studs to hold the snout on to the knuckle. That way I used the Chevy hub, snout, brake rotor and brakes on a TTB knuckle.
old thread here guys. Just want to say thanks. I'm doing a beam swap on my 07 Tacoma and this saved me. One question I had is what did you use to plug the hole on the back side of the snout where the stub would go threw. Looks like a plug for the transom on a boat.

Zambo

old thread here guys. Just want to say thanks. I'm doing a beam swap on my 07 Tacoma and this saved me. One question I had is what did you use to plug the hole on the back side of the snout where the stub would go threw. Looks like a plug for the transom on a boat.
That's exactly what it is. I think I got it at napa.