• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 1- Lima > Pisco

Dirty Harry

I don't think it will be as much of a "Super Team" emerging once Pug leaves as much as the "next man up" where the Toyota's or Mini will be the top team and they will continue with basically whatever they have this year with much less development than in past years as they will simply assume the top position rather than overtake Pug...
Honestly that would make for a lot more exciting race than we have seen in the last decade.

Like when VW left Mini just took over as the top team with their existing cars didn't they??? I think Mini will be the top dog again once the Pug leaves, I wonder if SPH will come back to Mini or go to Toyota or ???
No, X-Raid had an X3 previously but it wasn't nearly the car that the Mini is. I would be really be surprised if Peterhansel goes back to X-Raid after having to park and let Roma pass him, but who knows.

I wonder if Pug will sell their cars again and then "Privateer" teams will be running Pugs giving the mega teams fits?!?!?!
I don't think that a privateer Peugeot will dominate for a couple of reasons. One is the driving talent, and another is the money/resources it takes to keep their lightweight vehicle in one piece.

michael_loomis

Speaking of the X3... a euro car with an “American” overheating issue. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael_loomis

Did they cut lots of holes in that too and tape lots of extra vents to it? Genuine question - I can;'t remember. Didn't they run the X5 earlier on too?
I don’t believe they got a chance to repair anything for mid race trials, because Nasser went around the dunes in it due to the overheating and got DQ’ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Harry

Ok .

So, 14 stages, I say Nasser breaks his car beyond fixing within 7 stages.

What are we betting ? Taco and a cold Tecate. What’s Tobins bet ? Does he still think RG can win from Lake Norman.
I like carnitas :p:p:p

Last edited:

blue dog

I still have one more stage. Maybe I should find a good place for street tacos and cold Tecates for when Harry comes to Vegas for the mint.