• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 14- Córdoba > Cordoba FINISH!

Focused to the very end
It’s time to celebrate—not only for the winners of the various categories, but also for all of the adventurers who manage to complete the 40th edition—in a city with one of the greatest passions for motor sports in the world. Before competitors can enjoy their “Fernando” — the name the “Cordobeses” give to the national cocktail — they will first have to cross around 30 rios. That’s just as many potential pitfalls, meaning that competitors cannot let down their guard until they have come to the end of the very last kilometre.

Liaison > 166 km - Special > 120 km

6b78b.png
e52b8.png

Overall times coming later today.

BajaFand

It appears to be special stage leaving town, then transit, and then special stage back into town for the finish. Is that correct? How many total race miles tomorrow? Looks like some dunes right off the start?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

mrlentle

It appears to be special stage leaving town, then transit, and then special stage back into town for the finish. Is that correct? How many total race miles tomorrow? Looks like some dunes right off the start?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
120Km special tomorrow. I actually think that might be a bit longer than the usual final stage? Correct me if I'm wrong?

blue dog

You still have to cross the finish line, gentleman’s stage or not. Maybe Sainz will have an oops trying to get some pizza from a near by vehicle while going down the road.

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Looks like the back runners are starting first on this stage - and the top guys have been able to choose where they want to start. 2 hrs and 50 mins before they kick off. Just wish that they have the tracking like some of the other events have.

WillG

Peterhansel is only 8 minutes 8 seconds behind De Villiers going into the final stage. I can see him gong for it to get on the podium and De Villiers will be under a lot of pressure

DFF56347-8B30-47DC-9427-B4DD67BDD0C7.jpeg

WillG

Focused to the very end
It’s time to celebrate—not only for the winners of the various categories, but also for all of the adventurers who manage to complete the 40th edition—in a city with one of the greatest passions for motor sports in the world. Before competitors can enjoy their “Fernando” — the name the “Cordobeses” give to the national cocktail — they will first have to cross around 30 rios. That’s just as many potential pitfalls, meaning that competitors cannot let down their guard until they have come to the end of the very last kilometre.

Liaison > 166 km - Special > 120 km

View attachment 188511 View attachment 188510

Overall times coming later today.
Just wanted to say a big thanks for running/moderating the daily threads during Dakar, great job and it’s made following and commenting on the race a lot of fun

BrentB

Laia is such a badass. We all know these moto guys are some of the best athletes in the world, A Short out of his SX/MC discipline does great in his first Dakar, as well as Samuels, but a “chick” that competes on this level is awesome.

Stoked on podium for TP awesome dude. I predict he wins 2019 when at full health, RB takes second.
Also looking forward to seeing TP on four wheels again soon, mad skills at everything he does.