• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 - Stage 3 - Pisco > San Juan de Marcona

Dirty Harry

just laughing at you....thinking we cant build cars for this....try again...
Actually we can't build cars for this. We can build cars for Baja (and when I say "we" I mean RG, Nasser's Jeffries cars, Erix Vigoroux, El Martillo, Brenthal...) and then take them to a race that has terrain that is not as rough but at higher altitude and five times as long (not even counting the road miles) and then are shocked when we get schooled by people who do this day in and day out. The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

tractoR

We can’t build reliable cars apparently. Lol. Nasser in the Humbuggy really put on a show, until he broke it.
I guess you can build a car that's reliable out of the box, or try to build something competitive by pushing the limits, then invest more time and money making it reliable. I think the humbuggy was getting there, its a shame RG did not quite make a consistent effort and keep developing it.

BANNED4LIFE

I guess you can build a car that's reliable out of the box, or try to build something competitive by pushing the limits, then invest more time and money making it reliable. I think the humbuggy was getting there, its a shame RG did not quite make a consistent effort and keep developing it.
a race like dakar, so long and so much involved....rg really had no chance against teams with $10x+ the budget......believe me i know EXACTLY how it works......up against it my whole life.....

Bricoop

We can’t build reliable cars apparently. Lol. Nasser in the Humbuggy really put on a show, until he broke it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He broke so many belts from downshifting at really high RPMs. If he would have been a little more gentle with it he would of had a shot at the OA. 2009-2013 the Hummer showed it could compete and beat the factory teams, despite what others here say.

mattb

Don’t forget that JLS used RCD (Race Car Dynamics/Ron Hemphill (sp?)) cars before Jimco. JLS is a really great guy and had such a passion to destroy the Mitsubishi’s back in those days that he was always tweaking his rigs to get more speed. He did an amazing job as a privateer.

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
I don't know why Tim & Tom have full face helmets. Its a lot more restrictive especially when you are in a closed cabin. Maybe their budget didn't stretch to replacing them? ;-)

BANNED4LIFE

Since you dont really shut up - I race a US built buggy modified by a mix of brits and americans in the World Cup events. Guess that makes me a guy who knows more than you.
this clown does NOT have a U.S. built car....he has a CHINEASE predator.......complete GARBAGE!.....hahahahha you KNOW more than me....but dont even know the orgin of the lump you are driving....nice work

BANNED4LIFE

Nope, it looks like a predator. Don't see too many US buggies with guards over the front tyres either.
predators dont come with "guards".....thats added on by euros, to all the buggies ive seen converted to fia rules....