Dakar '18 - Stage 4 - San Juan de Marcona > San Juan de Marcona

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Today they go 4 at a time. Shame we can’t see of the clip to see who has the highest top end.

WillG

Reaction
Better day for Loeb so far, he would have enjoyed the side by side start with Nasser and the other Pugs

174E8675-141C-4E40-A432-A2556F94A64C.jpeg

Spark

Reaction
Any info on Nassers troubles? He stopped but for what reason?
Despres broken rear suspension but no info on Nasser

dlink

Reaction
What happened to Ricky Brabec? He's showing way down the list after starting in the 1st wave. He hasn't recorded any times until WP5 and the 2nd check point, then showing arrival at the end of the timed stage?

Short Bus

Reaction
From the Pug Whatsapp, Despres "damaged the entire right rear of their car against a rock with heavy mechanical damage...waiting of for assistance truck."

Well, there's one Pug out of the chase.

One of the most sandy stages ever, and he hits a rock.

TMorford

Reaction
What happened to Ricky Brabec? He's showing way down the list after starting in the 1st wave. He hasn't recorded any times until WP5 and the 2nd check point, then showing arrival at the end of the timed stage?

I am guessing he has tracker issues of some kind. Yesterday someone was asking about where he was and JCR Honda posted on Instagram that he finished the stage and cracked the top 5 15 minutes prior. I am not looking at any tracking sites, just RDC and occasionally social media so its a total guess...

Edit: around 10 AM PST he posted on his IG page so I am again guessing he finished.

E. Araiza

Reaction
From the Pug Whatsapp, Despres "damaged the entire right rear of their car against a rock with heavy mechanical damage...waiting of for assistance truck."

Well, there's one Pug out of the chase.

One of the most sandy stages ever, and he hits a rock.
26220494_1639259929443445_2946484070859623915_o.jpg

klajunas

Reaction
a bit late but here is live french tv feed, worked yesterday and today, still on, have to click on it

blue dog

Reaction
Intersting that quads and bikes are together in the marathon start. Is that order by there time ?

4 car red bull start, petrol 4wd gets the jump.

Do the T4 garbage trucks have a marathon start as well ?

Sorry for all the questions, getting a late start on the Dakar today.

Cheers to all.

A_Roben

Reaction
I am guessing he has tracker issues of some kind. Yesterday someone was asking about where he was and JCR Honda posted on Instagram that he finished the stage and cracked the top 5 15 minutes prior. I am not looking at any tracking sites, just RDC and occasionally social media so its a total guess...

Edit: around 10 AM PST he posted on his IG page so I am again guessing he finished.
Looks like Ricky finished 24th on the stage 23:44 behind

Short Bus

Reaction
I saw a tweet that said the Coronel's completed stage 3. It took them 22 hours to finish. They would have 3.5 hrs until they next stage started. I don't know if they had mechanical problems or if they were stuck in one of those evil sand pits.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I saw a tweet that said the Coronel's completed stage 3. It took them 22 hours to finish. They would have 3.5 hrs until they next stage started. I don't know if they had mechanical problems or if they were stuck in one of those evil sand pits.
Going from 4WD UTV type race buggies to a 2WD Long Travel buggly could be a steep learning curve especially in the sand!!!

GEO_DXB

Reaction
They decided to sleep in the desert, guess they didnt want to drive at night. Finished the stage and went on to do the other one.

ZequeArgentina

Reaction
Today was a complete carnage!!
t seems only the Peugeots (in facts only 3 out of 4) could handle the stage challenges.
All 3 works Toyotas lost a lot. Nasser almost 1 houtr, Giniel still fighting out there, Ten Brinke some 40 minutes.

Some "heroes" appears, as Eugenio Amos, who same as yesterday, when things got more difficult, start to shine!
I could not see any image yet, ut we are only in stage 4. For all who we asking for "old school" Dakar, here we have it!!