• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 5- San Juan de Marcona > Arequipa

El-Todd

I totally get what you are saying.

Myself, I’ve driven at speed, Lamborghinis, Ferrari’s, Class 1 (basically what the Hummer was) and the like. I know which one I’d rather look at and drive again. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The class 1 when it was still “lucky sperm”? I chased a few races for Cam & Glenn back then. Fast car

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

michael_loomis

The class 1 when it was still “lucky sperm”? I chased a few races for Cam & Glenn back then. Fast car

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Sorry, I was generalizing.. didn’t mean that specific car. But that’s def the one I’d chose. With a Hummer body on it of course. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrlentle

in africs and the photo is reversed - must be looking at it from the other side of the earth !!!
I think that's how they avoid showing tobacco sponsorship on the old footage as there was the rothmans cars in the same clip. Silly In know but I'm guessing that's what it's about?

tractoR

I think that's how they avoid showing tobacco sponsorship on the old footage as there was the rothmans cars in the same clip. Silly In know but I'm guessing that's what it's about?
There's a big bold "GAULOISES" on the side right there too.
I hate how the censor history with crap like that. The other day I was watching a show about 1991 or 1992 : blurry squares all over the bikes and riders. Come on !

mrlentle

There's a big bold "GAULOISES" on the side right there too.
I hate how the censor history with crap like that. The other day I was watching a show about 1991 or 1992 : blurry squares all over the bikes and riders. Come on !
I didn't even know that was a cigarette brand - can't have been big in NZ! I'd rather the flipped thing than the blurred but I agree, they shouldn't do it at all. Not sure how they get on with the old Marlboro F1 cars - are they just a red and white blur tearing around? ;)