• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 6- Arequipa > La Paz

michael_loomis

Sainz takes the stage... gains 4:06 in the standings on SPH. Not going to cut it at that rate... but anything can and does usually happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue dog

I am starting to feel like GDV is the Dakar version of Dan McMillin and his fourth place trophies. Pull it together GDV.

More rain and high elevation tomorrow, hopefully the 4wd can prevail over
the frenchies cars.

After watching the land rush start with Nasser against the pugs, Nasser can’t really pull away from the pugs, I would like to know more about there diesel power plants.

michael_loomis

I am starting to feel like GDV is the Dakar version of Dan McMillin and his fourth place trophies. Pull it together GDV.

More rain and high elevation tomorrow, hopefully the 4wd can prevail over
the frenchies cars.

After watching the land rush start with Nasser against the pugs, Nasser can’t really pull away from the pugs, I would like to know more about there diesel power plants.
I think he would of if the suspension was worth a shizz. He was lifting for every little bump
It seemed.

michael_loomis

Because doing that all day over the course of the stage has put him 5 mins a stage down. Lol

JPBart

a lot of our favorite drivers could use a lesson in giving up a few seconds instead of yardsailing you car or ending up upside down on the first day too.

Short Bus

But he also hasn't wadded up his car like some many other drivers have. Which definitely is surprising for Nasser!
He will have plenty more chances for that.

Being that the Pugs are definitely faster than the Toyota's, I'm sure NAA feels he has to take a few chances to make up for it. He is there to win, not for a participation trophy, so I expect he will turn his driving up to 11 before it is over.

Dirty Harry

Being that the Pugs are definitely faster than the Toyota's, I'm sure NAA feels he has to take a few chances to make up for it. He is there to win, not for a participation trophy, so I expect he will turn his driving up to 11 before it is over.
I actually think that we will see a lot less attrition after the rest day when they are getting back to roads and less off piste specials in the dunes.

And Nasser has finished on the podium on more than one occasion when he wasn't on the top step, everyone seems to forget that.

blue dog

Nasser drives it like he stole it, and has never been accused of lifting. I would have thought the Toyota v8 would have easily pulled on the French diesel in the flats. If the v8 doesn’t have an at vantage at sea level, it will deffinetly be behind the curve at elevation.

What happened to the Coronel Bros today ?

Still pulling for a Hail Mary, remainder of the French cars drop one by one, GDV starts clicking off minutes from his deficit daily and the Coronel Bros win Dakar, and the crowd goes wild.

Cheers my RDC homies Leo and myself. We play fetch in my shop with a harbor freight 3 lb dead blow, next best thing to a tennis ball.
741FD8C1-66B4-4DA3-AA90-50498285F3E6.jpeg

michael_loomis

He did pull the Pugs. Listen to the audio.. every time he slightly lifts up a bump, the flat footed Pug driver gains a bit.