• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 7- La Paz > Uyuni

Short Bus

Today is day 1 of the 2 day marathon section, right? No service tonight. If SPH, or anyone else, is limping at the end of today, they may be in trouble tomorrow.

BANNED4LIFE

can the repair truck fix deprees pug so he can keep helping leaders or is he out after giving suspension to SPH??? ... since its a marathon stage...

mattj112

It does depend on what broken inside the suspension either the shock or spring and bearing in mind these cars have two shocks and spring on each corner of car. The fast assist truck would have spare suspension components onborad they race number is 543. Stephane co-driver Jean Paul Cottret is mechanic so could get car back into race shape with help from the fast assist truck for tomorrow second marathon stage. In other news Joan Barreda fears he has broke his knee during today stage.

michael_loomis

The thing is... SPH lost a couple mins at each waypoint just about once he got back on the road. Interesting to see if that trend continues tomorrow. Maybe he can looks at it enough tonight to be more confident in the repair tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue dog

French cars are done, this years podium will be GAZOO toyotas, 1,2,3. Lots of mileage left, some of you are picking the overall winner at the end of stage 7, have you not noticed a lot can happen ( super change ) in one stage. Sainz takes himself out within 2 more stages, SPH car is on its last legs, wont make it past tomorrow’s stage

What happened to the Coronel Bros today ?

I want to see some good video of the Garbage trucks in the big sand dune bowl in stage 6.

Cheers Biatchs.

Dirty Harry

can the repair truck fix deprees pug so he can keep helping leaders or is he out after giving suspension to SPH??? ... since its a marathon stage...
Yes since the assistance trucks are part of the race. This is one of the ways that the big money teams have an advantage...

Dirty Harry

Well I need to say that the way this is all unfolding, it would have been interesting to see Bryce stay in it and a couple of Gordinis out there (if they could survive the last few stages). Would have made for a really exciting Dakar.
It already is a really exciting Dakar...

Short Bus

Yes since the assistance trucks are part of the race. This is one of the ways that the big money teams have an advantage...
The previous couple years the trucks had separate marathon stages so the cars were on their own for two days. I'm disappointed that isn't the case this year. The lack of assistance trucks was a bit of an equalizer.

Dirty Harry

The previous couple years the trucks had separate marathon stages so the cars were on their own for two days. I'm disappointed that isn't the case this year. The lack of assistance trucks was a bit of an equalizer.
That would somewhat limit Peugeot on parts, but they still have Land Cruisers equipped with mechanics and spare parts in the race as well.

blue dog

Double or nothing on our bet??? ;)
Oh, it’s on Harry. Admit it, the French team is faltering, there hope lies with a Spaniard in a French contraption .The Gazoo toyotas are as they were on day one. GDV does not wreck his machine, Nasser will die trying and push as hard as he can, I am not familiar enough with Ten Brinke to comment, but he has proved to be worthy. Hallspeed and Gazoo are in it to win it. Mini is no threat and the last pug has lots of miles to destroy itself. Why won’t you guys just listen to my Blue Heeler, he knows what he is talking about.

Harry, can we up our bet to a prime rib dinner at El Cortez ?

My Dakar vehicle is going to sport some Yosemite Sam mudflaps, and some kind of anti French slogan of some sort.
6A94B443-4488-4C9B-B7A4-80156A047C05.jpeg

mrlentle

Oh, it’s on Harry. Admit it, the French team is faltering, there hope lies with a Spaniard in a French contraption .The Gazoo toyotas are as they were on day one. GDV does not wreck his machine, Nasser will die trying and push as hard as he can, I am not familiar enough with Ten Brinke to comment, but he has proved to be worthy. Hallspeed and Gazoo are in it to win it. Mini is no threat and the last pug has lots of miles to destroy itself. Why won’t you guys just listen to my Blue Heeler, he knows what he is talking about.

Harry, can we up our bet to a prime rib dinner at El Cortez ?

My Dakar vehicle is going to sport some Yosemite Sam mudflaps, and some kind of anti French slogan of some sort. View attachment 188358
Blue - can we get your pooch to pick the winner's earlier in the year for 2019? Kind of like the octopus did for the football world cup a few years back (actual football, not NFL).