• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 7- Rest Day, La Paz

michael_loomis

Well.. Sainz needs 4:30 every day on average to win. I think it’s doable since the 3 longest specials are still to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bricoop

Well.. Sainz needs 4:30 every day on average to win. I think it’s doable since the 3 longest specials are still to come.

I agree. Its about 50% skill, 50% luck out there, imo. You never know who will breakdown, if there's an unmarked hazard, etc, etc. Happens every single year.

I'd like to see Price move his way up.

spalind

Amazing how close the bikes are vs how much of a gap there is in cars. I didn’t think Price would be able to hang given how little seat time he’s had and the injuries he’s trying to come back from

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

michael_loomis

Amazing how close the bikes are vs how much of a gap there is in cars. I didn’t think Price would be able to hang given how little seat time he’s had and the injuries he’s trying to come back from

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
As much as I’d like to see Team USA do well... I prefer to see Toby win on bikes. Got to follow him around a bit when we were prerunning the thousand in 16.. he is super cool and man can he wheel a TT.

spalind

As much as I’d like to see Team USA do well... I prefer to see Toby win on bikes. Got to follow him around a bit when we were prerunning the thousand in 16.. he is super cool and man can he wheel a TT.

I spent some time with him in Morocco and found the same thing. Just super cool and super friendly...don’t think he’s ever met a stranger

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

JDDurfey

I would really like to see a brand other than KTM win. It won't happen soon, but a win for Sherco would be awesome. Talk about an underdog. In reality, I would like to see Honda get a win.

blue dog

Gazoo needs to dig these out of the shop. Next year, come back 2wd.

Anyone know how many were built ? Where are they now ?

Why did they develop them, and not put them to use.
B62386F1-4BC1-4B11-9D64-34A69C20E424.jpeg

spalind

Good to see my lone real Nissan left and the brand new Dakar spec car coming out of SA in 25th...bodes well for them bringing 1/2 a dozen these to '19.