• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 8- Uyuni > Tupiza

michael_loomis

And the gift box wrapped win for Peugeot begins. Canceling a stage for poor working conditions. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Yes have been there during the 2006 & 2007 baja UK round of FIA world cup of cross country rallies its shame we don't run that event anymore.
Used to have a house just up the road in a tiny village called Pennant. Was there for the Baja when Alistair McRae was debuting the McRae Enduro. Can remember what year it was, but Sheikh Hamad Bin Eid Al Thani from Qatar won the World Cup for T2 that year.

BANNED4LIFE

WP9...NAAT up by 5:09 over Carlos...lead down to 1 hour 7 minutes...
sainz just cruising im sure....lead car is DANGEROUS, just like baja....with a huge lead he has, let the others pass him and break the trail, much safer for him.....then gets to follow them again on the next stage with still having an HOUR to spare.....carlos NOT dumb, or getting schooled by any means....

spalind

SPH at full gas and will likely win the stage with Depres in second on the stage...going to set up beautiful protection for Sainz. SPH also to be on the verge of taking 2nd place overall back from NAAT as well...

michael_loomis

Crazy they even got Depres to the finish yesterday. T4 must be hailing around a ton of parts for them.

mattj112

Used to have a house just up the road in a tiny village called Pennant. Was there for the Baja when Alistair McRae was debuting the McRae Enduro. Can remember what year it was, but Sheikh Hamad Bin Eid Al Thani from Qatar won the World Cup for T2 that year.
Remember McRae enduro car they were good car in day. Prodakar team develop the car and Tim Coronel old single seat buggy. That year I had british buggy break its back diff in half he didn't really appreciated the fact in could go any far with out any drive.

Bricoop

sainz just cruising im sure....lead car is DANGEROUS, just like baja....with a huge lead he has, let the others pass him and break the trail, much safer for him.....then gets to follow them again on the next stage with still having an HOUR to spare.....carlos NOT dumb, or getting schooled by any means....
Your sure he’s cruising? He opened the stage and averaged 93kph and the stage winner averaged 95kph.

michael_loomis

Guess SPH was in such a hurry to get his falling to pieces car rebuilt, that he actually won the stage.
go figure.
Well duh... how else is the ASO gonna get the Pugs 1st and 2nd.