• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar '18 -Stage 8- Uyuni > Tupiza

mattj112

coronels are doing well current 27 on stage positions for new car that shows good performance out of the buggy. I wound if they would do more race within the rally raid world cup .

spalind

Are we doing those excuses again? Can't we just have a rally raid without this crap again? :/
When the ASO isn’t a French Org. and reports don’t come back year after year about non-French speakers being looked down on and non-Euros getting the short shrifted...sure...we can stop

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

PathfinderCS

When the ASO isn’t a French Org. and reports don’t come back year after year about non-French speakers being looked down on and non-Euros getting the short shrifted...sure...we can stop

Again; just sounds like excuses again, and again. If the ASO/FIA isn't favoring manufacturers, it's favoring French. Or they're favoring privateers because they hate true competition and want everyone to have a fair shake at it.

It'll never stop because people will keep believing what they what to.

Offspring

Last edited:

JDDurfey

It doesn't matter where in the world or with which org you race, there will always be someone who seems or is in actuality favored by the race organizer.

WillG

It may just be that Peugeot have the best cars, best drivers and best team. And that tomorrow’s stage has been cancelled due to genuine safety/accessibility concerns......

spalind

Again; just sounds like excuses again, and again. If the ASO/FIA isn't favoring manufacturers, it's favoring French. Or they're favoring privateers because they hate true competition and want everyone to have a fair shake at it.

It'll never stop because people will keep believing what they what to.
Who are we providing excuses for at this point? None of us Americans have a dog in the fight or a monetary interest of any kind. We are free to make observations as we see fit. I only know what I’ve been told by actual competitors and what I’ve personally experienced attending a tier one rally raid. YMMV

PathfinderCS

It may just be that Peugeot have the best cars, best drivers and best team. And that tomorrow’s stage has been cancelled due to genuine safety/accessibility concerns......
Pretty much my point. Considering how many independents there are, especially for the quad and bike riders, it would be a total disaster for the ASO and the Dakar if many independents were injured or killed in a stage they could have stopped.

Who are we providing excuses for at this point? None of us Americans have a dog in the fight or a monetary interest of any kind. We are free to make observations as we see fit. I only know what I’ve been told by actual competitors and what I’ve personally experienced attending a tier one rally raid. YMMV

To me, it's an excuse for anyone but Pug, but maybe I'm just overly cynical of fans and competitors at this point.

dlink

coronels are doing well current 27 on stage positions for new car that shows good performance out of the buggy. I wound if they would do more race within the rally raid world cup .
They (Tom in particular) have been active in the FIA WTCC (now changed to WTRC) series throughout the year, as well as the more "local" Benelux series, which would probably preclude them from a more concentrated effort in rally raid world cup. I think the Dakar has been a change of pace, challenge and fun (my definition) event for them! I like their spunk!

spalind

Pretty much my point. Considering how many independents there are, especially for the quad and bike riders, it would be a total disaster for the ASO and the Dakar if many independents were injured or killed in a stage they could have stopped.

To me, it's an excuse for anyone but Pug, but maybe I'm just overly cynical of fans and competitors at this point.
At the point the Pugs are at you have to expect people to want them to lose and come up with conspiracy theories...comes with the territory. Nobody likes a sporting event that is a fait accompli, which is what it has become for the Pugs

blue dog

Dlink, I agree. Even if they have a bad day, they still have a good day. Always with smiles.

ctadarts

I noticed last night that ASO had a couple of referees planted in the New England patriots game also!! :)

PathfinderCS

Same thing! Everyone hates them and gets bored of them because they’ve already seen the same story...over and over and over

Honestly that's fine & all, but the conspiracy theory bits tend to rub me the wrong way; if you will. Heck, I can agree that I was somewhat gleeful when Peterhansel had issues, but was more than willing to accept his victory had circumstances gone that way.

To each their own tho.