Dakar 2012 - Stag 13 - Nasca > Pisco

jo maoma

Heisenberg
RDC Crypto
If he was stopped 7 min, and tracking is that slow we should see the results of that later on.

they had him stopped for 7 min at 17:10 and not reported moving again till 17:19 so it could be a 16min issue...

Advertising supports this site

REEVESRacing

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.REEVES-Racing.COM

RGFan

RDC Crypto
"RG FAn...so what is your take on confusing timing so far and estimated stage result?

Gracias"

I am not familiar with what services/systems they are using...But I have been in the general area several times and I personally had issues with both Sat Signal and Cell/Air Card signals. Sometimes you have one and not the other. This race has to be a logistical nightmare. But then again, I have had the same issues in Northern Chile and they had no problems at all what so ever.....So who knows

Offspring

RDC Crypto
I am not familiar with what services/systems they are using...But I have been in the general area several times and I personally had issues with both Sat Signal and Cell/Air Card signals. Sometimes you have one and not the other. This race has to be a logistical nightmare.

I can only imagine

RYAN COHEE

RDC Crypto
"RG FAn...so what is your take on confusing timing so far and estimated stage result?

Gracias"

I am not familiar with what services/systems they are using...But I have been in the general area several times and I personally had issues with both Sat Signal and Cell/Air Card signals. Sometimes you have one and not the other. This race has to be a logistical nightmare.

The tracking sure sucks

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
That close to the equator, sat signal should be good unless you are under a rock or a bridge or. . .the Eiffel Tower. . .

RGFan

RDC Crypto
That close to the equator, sat signal should be good unless you are under a rock or a bridge or. . .the Eiffel Tower. . .

You would think so logically, but I can speak from personal experience that is not always the case.....I have visited several mines in Southern Peru and Northern Chile with no sat service at all for hours, then out of the blue, it is back. And same with cell/air card. And then you go down to Pategonia in Southern Argentina 800 miles from Antarctica in the middle of penguin land (fully warned that I would have no cell service and and spotty sat service)and I had 5 bars on my AT&T cell phone talking to the wifey and kids.

Ferrari333SP

RDC Crypto
Ben Costanduros: Hearing Robby may have had a biggy........end over end, but hes back underway, that Hummer, and Robby are Beasts! #Dakar

Ferrari333SP

RDC Crypto
17:44 Cars: Roma also loses time on the dunes

Nani Roma is currently losing time in the same dune area as Robby Gordon before, roughly 182 kilometres into the stage. Giniel de Villiers also got stuck in this area for a few minutes before being able to continue. The best driver across this area was Russia's Novitskiy. Stéphane Peterhansel, on the other hand, is driving slightly to the north and seems to have had no problems with the sand so far

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
RDC Crypto
Website
www.flyhiflylo.blogspot.com
Ben Costanduros: Hearing Robby may have had a biggy........end over end, but hes back underway, that Hummer, and Robby are Beasts! #Dakar
Seems like whenever Robby has a yard sale you better get the deals while they're hot because he don't stick around very long.