Dakar 2012 - Stage 12 - Arequipa > Nasca

Rock Donkey

RDC Crypto
Haha are you serious Fish? Peterpecker couldn't have gone about 5' to the left? Of course the guy is just standing there. If he could slap that sucker on his back and walk across the water, his name would be Jesus.

Let's fill your BMW engine with water, then you can pull the plugs and un-hydro lock it, and see if you can make it 100 miles to drain the water out of the sump and not develope a terminal rod knock. Lol

Exactly! The hit wasn't nearly as bad as the bike submerging underwater, possibly ruining this guys race all because the 4-Wheel Drive 4,000lbs MINI couldn't move 2-inches to the left. Maybe Fish has never ridden a bike through deep water? :rolleyes:

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Exactly! The hit wasn't nearly as bad as the bike submerging underwater, possibly ruining this guys race all because the 4-Wheel Drive 4,000lbs MINI couldn't move 2-inches to the left. Maybe Fish has never ridden a bike through deep water? :rolleyes:

I cant ride a bike more than 1000 ft without crashing but still when entered in a race stuff like this is gonna happen. The bike didnt get washed down the stream, watch the video it falls over on its side and just sits there, there are 3 people right at it who could pick it back up. The whole thing sucked but I am sure he didnt do it on purpose. When your in a race the last thing your gonna do is just stop and wait for someone to figure their stuff out when the 2nd place car is only a few min behind ya!

Advertising supports this site

Rock Donkey

RDC Crypto
I cant ride a bike more than 1000 ft without crashing but still when entered in a race stuff like this is gonna happen. The bike didnt get washed down the stream, watch the video it falls over on its side and just sits there, there are 3 people right at it who could pick it back up. The whole thing sucked but I am sure he didnt do it on purpose. When your in a race the last thing your gonna do is just stop and wait for someone to figure their stuff out when the 2nd place car is only a few min behind ya!

The fact that he left the scene with the dudes bike submerged under water is what angers people. He could have avoided it...but he didn't. I don't think it was on purpose either, but at least stop and kick the co-dawg out to lend a hand for 20 seconds. Those spectators aren't supposed to help the riders anwyay. Peterleavethescene!

REEVESRacing

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.REEVES-Racing.COM
The French suck and Robby rules, can we move on to stage 13 now?

tofarnorth

RDC Crypto
and the wost part Peckerhandjob WAS a bike guy it would be like LR shoving a bike out of his way in the silt

ctadarts

RDC Crypto
That did not knock the guy out of the race, how did it? The guy picks the bike up right after it falls over. It was clear he was trying to sneak by him going slow. Its not like the guy was riding and he hit him.

Sorry Fish but here it is:

"Iquique, Chile - Vincent De Benedictis ended their participation in the Dakar Rally 2012 on account of a very unusual situation. During the ninth round, held on Tuesday between Antofagasta and Iquique, Chile, the Brazilian had taken the bike by a river due to the recklessness of a competitive car. "Unfortunately I had to terminate my participation in a way sad because of the failure of another competitor," lamented De Benedicite, who was the third time in the biggest rally in the world.

It all started because they were open the floodgates of a river. The organization did not know this fact and turned the road into a river with strong current and 1.5 m deep. We were crossing a vehicle at a time, but had a car that did not wait and dropped the bikes into the river, being washed away, "reported De Benedictis. "It took us about two hours to find the motorcycles, which were a mile from the starting point," continued the pilot."

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
Whewww thats a relief, at least a Dakar driver agrees with me.

Who knows if he could have gone a bit more to the left, maybe there was a big drop off there, hard to say without being there. I am sure he did not want to hit the guy. As you can see he was going very slow when he went passed. Racing incident IMO and ASO handled correctly without a penalty. Everyone can have their own opinion.

But still, he could have checked on him, at least ask if he was ok. But he didn't care, he just drove away....

The French suck and Robby rules, can we move on to stage 13 now?

Agree

2 hours to to find the bike?? It wa washed a mile away?? The guy is full of it. Watch the video it falls over right next to him and doesn't move lol.

In a previous post you said maybe Peterpretzel couldn't move 2 inches because there was a big drop but it was hard to tell because we weren't there. Now you say the bike was right there and didn't move, well... you weren't there, it's hard to tell, right?

And again THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK IF HE WAS OK! THAT'S THE PROBLEM! HE DIDN'T CARE, HE JUST DROVE AWAY.

manicmechanic

RDC Crypto
At least the hummer would never do this. The sight and sound would have triggered the flight instinct, and just the bow wave would have washed them onto the bank for a quick restart. A Mini PFFFT.

Sundtshine

RDC Crypto
in Baja I have seen a co dog give up his seat for an injured driver and ride the guys quad 10 miles for help! There were no time bonuses given. In fact the team lost a top ten finish.
I don't know why he did not stop to help? That really bothered me as a guy who rides bikes and races buggies. Besides I am pretty sure the ASO would have given him a time bonus for helping the rider. If he did that in Baja it would not be that way. Make me not like the ASO. Makes me love the spirit of American off road racers in Baja.

desertjunky

RDC Crypto
in Baja I have seen a co dog give up his seat for an injured driver and ride the guys quad 10 miles for help! There were no time bonuses given. In fact the team lost a top ten finish.
I don't know why he did not stop to help? That really bothered me as a guy who rides bikes and races buggies. Besides I am pretty sure the ASO would have given him a time bonus for helping the rider. If he did that in Baja it would not be that way. Make me not like the ASO. Makes me love the spirit of American off road racers in Baja.

Yes that would be Rick Geiser and Cody rode the quad in the dark with Rick and the Truck providing his light also in his driving suit and shoes (what an animal!) they did give up the top 10 finish and would not have done any different even if it meant giving up the OA win. Makes me proud to say i was a part of that adventure!

arqangel67

RDC Crypto
HAHA!!! That was funny right there!!

Offspring

RDC Crypto
Nasser had some final words also.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=481065&version=1&template_id=49&parent_id=29

Fifth Olympics beckon for Qatar ace al-Attiyah

HUGE TEST: Al-Attiyah By N D Prashant/Doha
Qatar’s ace shooter Nasser al-Attiyah will be taking aim at the 2012 London Olympics berth when he competes in the skeet event at the Asian Shooting Championship today.
With four quotas up for grabs, al-Attiyah is keen to finish on the podium and book his ticket to his fifth Olympics.
Al-Attiyah, who flew to Qatar just two days ago after bowing out of the Dakar Rally because of car problems, was seen putting in some quality time in practice at the Lusail Shooting Complex yesterday.
“I shot well today and was feeling better. I won’t say I’m right up there but pretty pleased with the way I shot. Hopefully, things will go as planned,” said al-Attiyah in an interview to Gulf Times after a gruelling training session.
The Qatari quit the Dakar Rally across South America after his temperamental Hummer broke down in the ninth stage between Antofagasta and Iquique in Chile. He lost more precious time when he was forced to make three unscheduled stops on the 556km stage.
The multitalented Qatari ace only decided to quit and head for Doha to take part in the last qualification event for the Olympics once it was clear that he won’t be able to make the lost time.
“There was no point in continuing after so many break downs. I must say, it was a wrong move to go with that team in the first place and I had very little choice then. My earlier team Volkswagen was no longer interested in Dakar and I had to make that move at the last minute to try and retain my title. Not only just the car but the team was equally bad,” said al-Attiyah, who despite his mechanical gremlins still managed to post the fastest times in the second and seventh stages.
Al-Attiyah, who won gold in the skeet team event at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou and at the recently concluded Arab Games, revealed that he had been working hard with his physio for the past two days so that his body could recover from fatigue after several days of driving across the South American terrain.
“There was very little time but it was good to spend two days with the family. It was a must and I also worked with the physio; I’m now feeling better. Didn’t have any trouble shooting today and mentally I’m feeling okay,” said the 41-year-old, who will be teaming up with the same group that won the Arab Games gold.
“I will be shooting with Masoud Hamad and Rashid Saleh Hamad. They are performing well and hopefully, we can put up a good show and finish at the top. It will be tough with the best shooters being present here but we are confident,” asserted al-Attiyah.

Dude had no intention of finishing, his schedule is too full.

Last edited:

Yumaoffroad

RDC Crypto
Nasser had some final words also.

Fifth Olympics beckon for Qatar ace al-Attiyah

HUGE TEST: Al-Attiyah By N D Prashant/Doha
Qatar’s ace shooter Nasser al-Attiyah will be taking aim at the 2012 London Olympics berth when he competes in the skeet event at the Asian Shooting Championship today.
With four quotas up for grabs, al-Attiyah is keen to finish on the podium and book his ticket to his fifth Olympics.
Al-Attiyah, who flew to Qatar just two days ago after bowing out of the Dakar Rally because of car problems, was seen putting in some quality time in practice at the Lusail Shooting Complex yesterday.
“I shot well today and was feeling better. I won’t say I’m right up there but pretty pleased with the way I shot. Hopefully, things will go as planned,” said al-Attiyah in an interview to Gulf Times after a gruelling training session.
The Qatari quit the Dakar Rally across South America after his temperamental Hummer broke down in the ninth stage between Antofagasta and Iquique in Chile. He lost more precious time when he was forced to make three unscheduled stops on the 556km stage.
The multitalented Qatari ace only decided to quit and head for Doha to take part in the last qualification event for the Olympics once it was clear that he won’t be able to make the lost time.
“There was no point in continuing after so many break downs. I must say, it was a wrong move to go with that team in the first place and I had very little choice then. My earlier team Volkswagen was no longer interested in Dakar and I had to make that move at the last minute to try and retain my title. Not only just the car but the team was equally bad,” said al-Attiyah, who despite his mechanical gremlins still managed to post the fastest times in the second and seventh stages.
Al-Attiyah, who won gold in the skeet team event at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou and at the recently concluded Arab Games, revealed that he had been working hard with his physio for the past two days so that his body could recover from fatigue after several days of driving across the South American terrain.
“There was very little time but it was good to spend two days with the family. It was a must and I also worked with the physio; I’m now feeling better. Didn’t have any trouble shooting today and mentally I’m feeling okay,” said the 41-year-old, who will be teaming up with the same group that won the Arab Games gold.
“I will be shooting with Masoud Hamad and Rashid Saleh Hamad. They are performing well and hopefully, we can put up a good show and finish at the top. It will be tough with the best shooters being present here but we are confident,” asserted al-Attiyah.
its all good we will kick his ass next year hopefully he comes back in a mini