• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dakar 2013 - Stage 8 - Salta, Argentina -> San Miguel, Argentina

bufeo

Don't forget we use Celsius -2C works out to 28F
I did forget. Duh! I thought about going over to Boise today (about 1.5 hr drive) for the Fly-fishing Expo but the roads are really icey from the partial thaw yesterday. Three accidents between here and the river.

Sorry, I digress.

Allen R

bufeo

Campbell finished 2nd on stage 8! 0:07:04 behind stage leader Barreda Bort.
Nice. I guess JC didn't take any wrong turns. Hope that time holds up.

Allen R

Short Bus

Barrera crushed everyone today for 1st by more than 7 minutes. But look who came in 2nd - JC!!!

Last edited:

CDN11

I did forget. Duh! I thought about going over to Boise today (about 1.5 hr drive) for the Fly-fishing Expo but the roads are really icey from the partial thaw yesterday. Three accidents between here and the river.

Sorry, I digress.

Allen R
It is a very good digression> Sorry everyone

CDN11

Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah has come to a halt near km 118, exactly where the motorcycle riders went off-course en masse earlier today. But the Qatar Red Bull buggy is still on the course, which could mean Al-Attiyah's not sure which way he should go due to all the motorcycle tracks going towards the left.
From Dakar site

BoothPacific Films

peterhansel through wp9 and 3 others but not the Jefferies buggy. The clock is ticking on the overall right now.

_

Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah has come to a halt near km 118, exactly where the motorcycle riders went off-course en masse earlier today. But the Qatar Red Bull buggy is still on the course, which could mean Al-Attiyah's not sure which way he should go due to all the motorcycle tracks going towards the left.
From Dakar site
17:57 Bikes: The riders lose their bearings
118 km into today's special, all the leaders on the course are straying off the right path. They're all heading towards the mountains instead of following the river, as they should. It looks like Hélder Rodrigues and Paulo Gonçalves are the only ones who are still on track, but some of the leaders seem to be backtracking.