Dakar 2016 - Stage 13 - Villa Carlos Paz > Rosario

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
STRESS HEADS AND THE REST

Aspiring winners will certainly be those who find the 180km of the day's special section the most difficult, designed with twisty, undulating routes, faster sandy and rocky sections… leading to significant levels of stress. For most of the others, the 699km to be covered before reaching the podium in Rosario will be a relief. To be enjoyed without moderation…

Schedule
Local Time is GMT-3
Pacific Standard Time is GMT-8
1st Start (GMT-4) 8:00 am

Transit
Bikes: 518 km / 321.9 miles
Quads: 518 km / 321.9 miles
Cars: 518 km / 321.9 miles
Trucks: 518 km / 321.9 miles

Special Stage
Bikes: 180 km / 111.8 miles
Quads: 180 km / 111.8 miles
Cars: 180 km / 111.8 miles
Trucks: 180 km / 111.8 miles

Cars/Bike/Truck/Quad

Cars/Bike/Truck/Quad

ctadarts

Reaction
Hadn't seen this.

07:06 : Motorcycles: Laia Sanz digs into her suitcase of courage
The four-time enduro world champion started the Dakar with the aim to finish in the top 10. Unfortunately for the Spaniard, a fall put paid to her hopes two days ago. Laia broke her collarbone, but she is hanging on tough to reach Rosario. After showing most of her male rivals what's what in the general classification, the KTM rider now shows how tough she is. She finished the longest stage of this year's edition yesterday, so she looks certain to come up with the strength she needs to complete today's 699 km stage. What a woman!

Short Bus

Reaction
Hirvonen made up a couple minutes on GDV today He didn't get enough to get 3rd - missed it by 2:31.

RG is in to the finish - 18th for the stage 10:09 down

It looks like the let Loeb do what Loeb does today.

SteveRacer

Reaction
After the dust settled, the 3 best Dakar drivers have taken the top 3 spots each driving for a different constructor. The 3 constructors are mix of 2WD, 4WD, gas and diesel engines. Seems to show that there is parity at the top even though it may not look like it at times.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Hey Klaus, haven't seen "Baja Bob" in any of the pics/vids.
Did he go down too?

(Great job, again, BTW Thanks!)

Slippery P

Reaction
No

kaw500

Reaction
Hadn't seen this.

07:06 : Motorcycles: Laia Sanz digs into her suitcase of courage
The four-time enduro world champion started the Dakar with the aim to finish in the top 10. Unfortunately for the Spaniard, a fall put paid to her hopes two days ago. Laia broke her collarbone, but she is hanging on tough to reach Rosario. After showing most of her male rivals what's what in the general classification, the KTM rider now shows how tough she is. She finished the longest stage of this year's edition yesterday, so she looks certain to come up with the strength she needs to complete today's 699 km stage. What a woman!
Way to Laia, I'd pick her for my team any day. Love to see her podium in 17

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Here is an article, in spanish where Sainz claims to have warned Peugeot about the gearbox.
Well, it looked to me like he drove over that giant rock.

kaw500

Reaction
And then it's over:(. My recipe for the post DAKAR blues, track time at Sears Point this afternoon in the vette.
I guess I will post all my thanks and final thoughts tomorrow.

The people on this site get it!

Petepecas

Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1452961379.922042.jpg

Félicitations à la meilleure matériel, la machine et le cavalier . la victoire est écrit en lettres d'or .

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today